In favor of Bonds breaking Aaron's record? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

In favor of Bonds breaking Aaron's record?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

In favor of Bonds breaking Aaron's record?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Can't Wait, maybe he'll get to 800?!
26%
Hope he never touches Aaron's record, hows that knee holding up btw?
74%

Total votes : 198

Postby thedude » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:33 pm

kentx12 wrote:
Hbj79 wrote:
I feel like my mom, but just because so and so cheated doesn't make it alright for others to cheat.

I don't think anyone is saying this. I think the point is something closer to....if you want an asterisk put beside Bonds career and season homerun numbers you will also have to put them beside Aaron's and Ruth's (which is fine).

I dont think anyone wants an asterisk put beside his name. IMO he should be kicked out of baseball and his records say that he was banned from baseball because he was a cheater. If baseball goes with an asterisk then 20 years from now noone will even remember that and kids will be brought up believeing that he was a great player and that is wrong.

If Bonds got kicked out do you think he will eventually be thought of like Showless Joe; and become a sympathic person, who was the scapegoat of a comissioner and PLayers Union? I hope not. But then again i don't like Jackson either...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:59 pm

sach0032 wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:Any more names for him?

Yeah, I think cheater, liar and p*ssy should just about cover it. Scapegoat certainly isn't one of them, however.

nuggets wrote:We know what has happened to Barry Bonds is unjust because in the end all things are relative to each other. Others can ride their moral high horses off to the land of hypocrisy as they wish. And they'd better too. They don't want their lives persecuted, manipulated and hurt like the Bonds' family has been.

Oh, so Palmeiro wasn't driven out of baseball a few weeks after collecting his 3000th hit when it was discovered he was juicing? What race is Palmeiro? Not black, which you alledge is a reason people attack Bonds. How about Sosa? Caught with a corked bat, along with suspicions of juicing, his popularity completely plummeted from there, and he's out of baseball, too. Not black, by the way. As for poor Barry and everything his family has been through, maybe he shouldn't have been running around with a mistress, or dragging out his kids for his "heartfelt" press conferences. Yeah, I really feel for the guy. :~(

Welcome to the Cafe Mate.....

Palmeiro was driving out because he lied to his team mates and to Congress. He was less than a man about what he did. And he tried to take down Tejeda too (remember the B-12 shots). What could you expect the Orioles to do? Bad publicity on a losing team going through all sorts of injuries is a cancer and the best way to deal with a cancer is to remove it. And I don't know if you live in America or not, but most people unless you're from a very a diverse city could look at Sammy Sosa and say he's not Black. Most Americans are ignorant. I don't know about Barry's private life, but marriage is a failing institution in America. Over 50% of marriages fail so you have to take that the way it goes. Anyway, let's be honest. Unless Bonds quits it's a given he'll pass Hank Aaron and that will bring publicity to a sport that needs it.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Xtreemes » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:08 pm

Anyway, let's be honest. Unless Bonds quits it's a given he'll pass Hank Aaron and that will bring publicity to a sport that needs it.

I don't agree with this at all. It will bring publicity, but I think it is going to be all bad publicity. After this book comes out the whole nation will know of the allegations against Bonds, and I don't think even the casual baseball fan will look fondly on this. I think they will see Bonds as a cheat breaking the record. Even if the allegations are not true (which I believe they are) this book is going to be everywhere and it will hurt Bonds, and if he gets close to and breaks the record it will hurt baseball.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:21 pm

Tavish wrote:
kentx12 wrote:48 to 126.. Looks like there is still alot of people who care about the integrity of the game.. ;-D Way to go people.

And 48 of us who hate the game of baseball! ;-D

Hey it's up to 49 now. ;-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:24 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Tavish wrote:
kentx12 wrote:48 to 126.. Looks like there is still alot of people who care about the integrity of the game.. ;-D Way to go people.

I guess I hate baseball ;-7
I'm considering putting the "25" in my sig too.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kentx12 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:30 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
Tavish wrote:

LOL that is hillarious. You got 1 vote and the good side got 11. ;-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:38 pm

Kent, if Bonds gets to 713 and 754, are you going to watch ESPN coverage of it? Or will you refuse to watch history in the making, if Bonds gets that close? Or will you be re-reading the Game of Shadows?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby nuggets » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:45 pm

Tavish wrote:

Yea, Cafe polls have always been such quality sources, just like most of the haters other info ;-7
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kentx12 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:55 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Kent, if Bonds gets to 713 and 754, are you going to watch ESPN coverage of it? Or will you refuse to watch history in the making, if Bonds gets that close? Or will you be re-reading the Game of Shadows?

I really believe that if Bonds gets to 754 I will quit watching baseball. Now I dont know this for a fact but as I feel now that would be the case. I hope that never happens. I believe Selig will do the right thing and step up and have an investigation and suspend Bonds and we will never have to worry about it.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kentx12 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:56 pm

nuggets wrote:
Tavish wrote:

Yea, Cafe polls have always been such quality sources, just like most of the haters other info ;-7

Post that poll anywhere.. It isnt the cafe it is the general public who wants Bonds to go away or face penalties for what he has done.

kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers