Guillen out three months - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guillen out three months

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Guillen out three months

Postby Buster Douglas » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:54 pm

Just saw it on mlb.com. I didn't realize it was this serious. Scratch him off the undervalued list, I guess

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/arti ... p&c_id=mlb
Buster Douglas
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:00 pm

Yikes this is definitly not good news for those with him...He's a great ball player..A head case but still good
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 pm

Scratching him off my cheat sheets as we speak. Thanks for the heads up. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby stumpak » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:47 pm

I see two things:

1) This really degrades an offense that is already terrible.

2) It offers a face-saving reason for Soriano to move to the OF on a "temporary" basis.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:31 pm

stumpak wrote:I see two things:

2) It offers a face-saving reason for Soriano to move to the OF on a "temporary" basis.

I think people overlook the offense at times. While it is not something to brag about, its not the worst out there.

Church is a solid young hitter who was on a tear before getting hurt last year. They have Vidro and Soriano, both fantastic when healthy (Vidro's never healthy though :)), and Guillen gives them the boost...that they just lost because of the injury.

While it doesn't look good, I think its possible to make the arguement that it is not a bottom 5 offense.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:39 pm

it's always something w/ Guillen :-t
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:46 pm

Oh no. So much for my cheap keeper. :,-(
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:02 pm

Zito is God wrote:

I think people overlook the offense at times. While it is not something to brag about, its not the worst out there.

Church is a solid young hitter who was on a tear before getting hurt last year. They have Vidro and Soriano, both fantastic when healthy (Vidro's never healthy though :)), and Guillen gives them the boost...that they just lost because of the injury.

While it doesn't look good, I think its possible to make the arguement that it is not a bottom 5 offense.

Bottom ten for sure (even before Guillen's injury). His injury puts them right at or very near the bottom though. It's going to be an extremely ugly year for Washington, IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby WittyC » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:43 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:

Bottom ten for sure (even before Guillen's injury). His injury puts them right at or very near the bottom though. It's going to be an extremely ugly year for Washington, IMO.

I agree, but then again, I thought that last year as well, and they were in competition for most of the season. Feels like all the story lines from last year are repeating themselves in that division.

NYM are greatly improved; it will take a miracle for Atlanta to retain their division champ streak; Phillie might finally stop under-performing; Washington is still a transitional team. Virtually the same as before '05.

About the only difference is that Florida won't be a factor this year.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:33 pm

WittyC wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:

I agree, but then again, I thought that last year as well, and they were in competition for most of the season. Feels like all the story lines from last year are repeating themselves in that division.

NYM are greatly improved; it will take a miracle for Atlanta to retain their division champ streak; Phillie might finally stop under-performing; Washington is still a transitional team. Virtually the same as before '05.

About the only difference is that Florida won't be a factor this year.

A Miracle? Are you kidding?

Healthy Hudson/Smoltz. LaRoche full time at 1st. The Infield is fantastic IMO. The rotation can pull it together with Thomson healthy as well. The pen is a question I admit, but I see them putting together a good by-committe if necessary. Mcann's 2nd season should be improved as well.

I admit there are minor holes to fill but to claim it will take a "miracle" id to ridicule the Braves IMO (Oh, this isn't biased either, I am NOT a braves fan!).

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers