Whats the deal with Prior - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whats the deal with Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:09 pm

I still think that there IS something wrong w/ him but it's a cold/ flu thing he was getting over for a couple of weeks. It's that time of year, the temperatures have been going up and down, there's a booming RSV epidemic at least here in Central IL where I'm at (coworkers w/ small children have had several on dl for WEEKS...) so I think that the story was that he was sick and they are having him take it easy to avoid throwing himself out of whack pitching w/ sinus 'issues', running out of gas or whatever.

That is within medical reason and is in line w/ the reports, incl what Stoney had to say. I have been railing at the leaguemates about how awesome all the Cubs will be all day in the hopes that some of the spaghetti will stick and they will be pulling Cubs 'right out from under me' at our draft tomorrow...sure, there's a couple of guys I'd take but only if...the price is right!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:40 pm

It really depends on the size of your league, the league settings, who you expect to be available in the draft, etc.

You'll get better advice posting a question in the Waiver, Draft, Keeper, etc. forum along with your league settings, size, and some players that will likely be available to you.

If you were in a standard, 12-team 5x5 league, I'd say send 'em both back in to the pool. Personally, I don't think either are worth a second round pick, let along a firsty. ;-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:14 pm

Owning Prior is a headache. The guy's got awesome talent obviously, but every other day it seems like it's something new. I owned him last year and I'm had it up to here with "Is he or isn't he injured?" stories. I'm moving on to less fragile pitchers.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:23 pm

If pitching is key as you say, I think you have to take the risk on him. As long as he doesn't get hit in the elbow again with a line drive, hes utterly dominant. The K rate is insane. You don't win leagues by playing it safe with every decision. Thats how you finish 3rd or 4th a lot though.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers