*Can anyone help my team please?* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

*Can anyone help my team please?*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

*Can anyone help my team please?*

Postby jmgchips » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:58 am

Hey, this is my team for the 12 team H2H 5-year keeper league that I'm...I do have a lot of baseball knowledge, but it's my first year in a league and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to lend me some advice as to which spots in my lineup need help. Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

C:Ivan Rodriguez
1B: Paul Konerko
2B: Marcus Giles
3B: Scott Rolen
SS: Miguel Tejada
OF: Gary Sheffield
OF: Jim Edmonds
OF: Torii Hunter
Util: Gary Sheffield
Util: Craig Biggio
BN: Scott Hillenbrand
BN: Luis Gonzalez
BN: Jacque Jones

SP: Dontrelle Willis
SP: Roger Clemens
RP: Eric Gagne
RP: Derrick Turnbow
P:Livan Hernandez
P: Mike Mussina
P: Esteban Loaiza

Thanks again to all those who are willing to help.
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yourgodsdice » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Not bad for your first team. You might want to look at using two of your bench spots for pitching.

All of your starting bats look solid...you could maybe use some more SB potential, so keep on the lookout for that.

Try to make trades for your bench players and Biggio...try to get some better pitching and speed in return. Maybe even an upgrade at 1B and move Konerko to one of your Utility spots (you put Shef at both your Util and OF spot, btw).

As far as your pitching, I'm not really that excited about any of your players. Dontrelle, while he was great last year, has question marks because his team's so young. You never know how much longer Clemens will last. Gagne's just coming off the DL. I guess I'd hold onto Turnbow. The good news is that you can use all of your pitchers for upgrades for better pitching.

Work out some package deals with your Bench spots for better pitching would be my first suggestion. Then try to get a proven SB threat (a guy who can get you 35-40 SB's). And finally try to get another power hitter at the 1B spot if at all possible.
yourgodsdice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jmgchips » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:12 pm

yourgodsdice wrote:Not bad for your first team. You might want to look at using two of your bench spots for pitching.

All of your starting bats look solid...you could maybe use some more SB potential, so keep on the lookout for that.

Try to make trades for your bench players and Biggio...try to get some better pitching and speed in return. Maybe even an upgrade at 1B and move Konerko to one of your Utility spots (you put Shef at both your Util and OF spot, btw).

As far as your pitching, I'm not really that excited about any of your players. Dontrelle, while he was great last year, has question marks because his team's so young. You never know how much longer Clemens will last. Gagne's just coming off the DL. I guess I'd hold onto Turnbow. The good news is that you can use all of your pitchers for upgrades for better pitching.

Work out some package deals with your Bench spots for better pitching would be my first suggestion. Then try to get a proven SB threat (a guy who can get you 35-40 SB's). And finally try to get another power hitter at the 1B spot if at all possible.

Thanks a lot for the advice. My second Util. spot was Garrett Anderson, sorry about the confusion. I'm currently in the process of trading in hopes of finding some speed and maybe a 1st baseman to send Konerko to a Util. spot. I'll also keep my eye out for new pitchers available to trade for. If I have any updates then I'll repost them here.
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

HMM

Postby hoopitup21212 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:25 pm

Can this team beat my future aces? Well I look forward to going against your team in our league. As said it wouldn’t be a bad idea to go after someone who can get some steals, either way you deff have a good chance of making the top 6 for the playoffs.

Not to mention you got second pick in our Minor League draft, which could be huge for your team.
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:55 pm

Your team is looking pretty good. You may want to get another pitcher though, in case of an injury or just more stats for a week. I'm also in this league (Tear A-Rod's Sack), and it looks like pitching depth is going to be a key factor on going to the championship... }:-)
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jmgchips » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:24 am

Hah ok well thanks for the advice you two, I just posted on the trading block...still looking for new ideas from anyone else tho, thanks
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmgchips » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:34 pm

I benched Garrett Anderson and put Jacque Jones in the Util. spot because their stats are very similar and Jones has many more stolen bases...good change?
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MrE » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:49 pm

You definitely need another SP. A Kazmir, Blanton, or Young would be fine. A risk on Erik Bedard could prove fruitful as well. You have two good closers, I think Gagne will be fine....you could possibly add another one if any become available. Offensively, I think you are pretty solid. Ideally you would want another bat in that lineup, especially at the utility spot. I would try and pick up J. Hermida if he is available....He could be huge this year in a depleted lineup....R. Baldelli would also be nice to look at for your bench.

Please rate mine: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=173612
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jmgchips » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks for the advice...although every player you mentioned is currently taken I will look into trades and other transactions, thanks again
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team