Hip Hop - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hip Hop

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:43 am

DK wrote:What's wrong with the Cafe'? That's a SEPTUPLE POST by RynMan, and it's one of the many multiposts I've seen tonight.


Weird. 8-o

I was having trouble posting it, it came up with an error. I kept going back and refreshing the page to check in case it was working but no dice. Now I see it worked!

My bad fellas. !+)
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby RynMan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:44 am

DK wrote:
Lenny Dykstra wrote:1 album & 1 album only...Tribe called quest....Low end theory


Nice. ;D


Agreed, but my fav Tribe album is Beats, Rhymes and Life.
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:13 am

brandnew wrote:Well, I've looked through a handful of guys that you guys recommended, and I'm gonna buy a few CD's online, just to get started

I'm thinking

Atmosphere - Seven's Travels
Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun
Aceyalone
Sage

Not sure which Aceyalone or Sage CD's to get, though DK you mentioned Personal Journals, so I'll probably go with that. BTW, how do you pronounce Aceyalone?


Seven's Travels is good, but I wouldn't put it in my top three Atmosphere albums...although I know a lot of people who think it is their best work. I would suggest either Overcast, Lucy Ford, or God Loves Ugly over Seven's Travels...but you really can't go wrong with any of them. Shadows on the Sun is definitely the Brother Ali album to buy. Personal Journals is my favorite Sage Francis record too, but I highly recommend one of his live albums if you would like a mix of older and newer stuff: Road Tested, or Dead Poet Live Album if you can find it. As for Aceyalone (and it's pronounced just like it's spelled: Acey-alone), there really is no consensus for his best work. I own Accepted Eclectic, Book of Human Language and Love & Hate and they are all great CDs, but I think Book of Human Language is the best out of the three.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:20 am

RynMan wrote:
DK wrote:
Lenny Dykstra wrote:1 album & 1 album only...Tribe called quest....Low end theory


Nice. ;D


Agreed, but my fav Tribe album is Beats, Rhymes and Life.


Blasphemy!!!

Actually, I think Beats, Rhymes, and Life is one of the most underrated albums of all time, but that's only because their first three records were all certified classics. If Beats... would have been released by some group who was new in 1996 and that was their first album that group would have immediately blown up and been widely recognized and great, but because it was their fourth album and the other three were clearly (in my mind) superior, it didn't get the attention it deserved. It still holds up well though (unlike The Love Movement). The Low End Theory is my favorite album of all time as well, an absolutely flawless masterpiece from front to back, and Tribe is my all time favorite group. If I were to name my top 10 albums Low End Theory, Peoples Instinctive Travels... and Midnight Marauders would all be in there somewhere.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:27 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Seven's Travels is good, but I wouldn't put it in my top three Atmosphere albums...although I know a lot of people who think it is their best work. I would suggest either Overcast, Lucy Ford, or God Loves Ugly over Seven's Travels...but you really can't go wrong with any of them. Shadows on the Sun is definitely the Brother Ali album to buy. Personal Journals is my favorite Sage Francis record too, but I highly recommend one of his live albums if you would like a mix of older and newer stuff: Road Tested, or Dead Poet Live Album if you can find it. As for Aceyalone (and it's pronounced just like it's spelled: Acey-alone), there really is no consensus for his best work. I own Accepted Eclectic, Book of Human Language and Love & Hate and they are all great CDs, but I think Book of Human Language is the best out of the three.


Good call on Road Tested and Overcast!. "Scapegoat" is one of my all-time favorite Atmosphere tracks.

I must be totally honest and say although I have heard Aceyalone before, I do not own any of his albums. Once I can muster up cash I'll pick up Book of Human Language.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Music

Postby hoopitup21212 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:09 pm

I listen to everything however I'm still big on Rock


ACDC
Zepplin
Aerosmith
Black Sabbath
Van Halen
Pink Floyd


Something you can jam too. Rap is cool but sometimes gets old after a while.
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 292
Joined: 1 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: EAST SIDE OF CT

Postby DevilDriver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:16 pm

Rico Suave by Gerardo is the only song you need to know ;-D :-D
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:27 pm

Blackstar(Mos Def and Talib Kweli's little group they made for a CD) kicks arse. I just downloaded like half of their songs and "Theives in the Night" and "Definition" are awesome songs
Image
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4112
Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Omaha

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:49 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Blackstar(Mos Def and Talib Kweli's little group they made for a CD) kicks arse. I just downloaded like half of their songs and "Theives in the Night" and "Definition" are awesome songs


Yeah that's a great CD, definitely recommend it ;-D
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:25 pm

Red Stripe wrote:Blackstar(Mos Def and Talib Kweli's little group they made for a CD) kicks arse. I just downloaded like half of their songs and "Theives in the Night" and "Definition" are awesome songs


I think I mentioned that CD earlier. Solid, solid choice. Easily Talib and Def's best work. ;D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact