How could you? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

How could you?

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

How could you?

Postby jdsportsfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:44 am

In general jamey, the article was pretty good. However, I had some problems w/it. firstly, where's Miguel cabrera? he is pretty much a third baseman, so he should be on the list right after A-rod (if not before). additionally, where is Melvin Mora? over the past two seasons he has developed into one of the best overall third basemen, with a good glove, solid speed, and very consistent high average and power numbers. He's gotta be on any third base list
jdsportsfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby b-more's best fan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:49 am

jd couldn't be more right. mora should defineitely be placed in the top 5. Hes averaged 27 homers over the past two years, in addition to posting a .340 average in '04 and a respectable .280 last year. He has also evolved into a defensive standout. your'e just po'd that the Yankees have to take on him and Miggy 19 times a year. Go orioles!
b-more's best fan
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:22 am

So which screen name would you like to keep? Seeing as how both of these posts are not part of any thread, both came in off the same IP address, came in within 5 minutes of each other, and are both user's first post at the Cafe', don't you think someone would notice that both of you are one in the same?

Let me know which name you'd like to keep and I'll take care of the other one. If you don't let me know, then it's my choice. :-°

Oh, and as to Miggy Cabrera not being on the list, I'm sure that's because he's an outfielder now, and he will most likely lose his 3B eligibility at the end of the year.

As to Mora, I'm not sure why he was left off, but 3rd base is at least 15 deep, so not everyone could fit into the article.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:27 am

I find this scam hysterical. Maybe I'm dillusional, but the whole 1st post back to back slobbering over the initial post thing has me rolling. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby jdsportsfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:07 pm

i'd like to compliment myself on making 2 enemies in one day as part of this cafe thing. maybe i should just stick to SI. well anyways madison, if u r in charge of this thing, get rid of the b-more screenname. and i still stand behind my melvin mora question. the guy is awesome!
jdsportsfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jdsportsfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:10 pm

o by the way madison- do u ever look bak on the past couple years and think of all the time u've wasted on this site. thirty nine thousand posts!!! come on man, thats a little much
jdsportsfan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:27 pm

jdsportsfan wrote:i'd like to compliment myself on making 2 enemies in one day as part of this cafe thing. maybe i should just stick to SI. well anyways madison, if u r in charge of this thing, get rid of the b-more screenname. and i still stand behind my melvin mora question. the guy is awesome!

You didn't make any enemies that I'm aware of. Hort actually thought the whole thing was funny. :-D Myself, I've seen this before, so I just roll my eyes, fix it, and go on about it.

Consider B-more history. ;-D

jdsportsfan wrote:o by the way madison- do u ever look bak on the past couple years and think of all the time u've wasted on this site. thirty nine thousand posts!!! come on man, thats a little much

I don't consider it wasted :-) . I've got plenty of free time thanks to my job, I love baseball, and I'm extremely opinionated, so no, it's not a bit much at all. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Omission of Miguel y Mel?

Postby jameeman » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:33 pm

Firstly, Cabrera was omitted because he's an Outfielder. Rest-assured, the fabulously talented youngster WILL be listed.

As for Melvin Mora... a little more complicated. Certainly he's talented... no quarrel there. However, 3rd is remarkably deep, the strength of the order surrounding him is not as good as it was last season, Mora's split stats (prior to the break he hit .298/.353/.508 avg/slg/obp... AFTER the break, .267/.342/.438) are NOT great, he hit .304/17/66 against right-handers, .232/10/22 against leftys, and the O 2nd Sacker went into a substantial 2nd half slide. Couple those factors in with his average plumetting from one season to the next; .340/27/104, with 41 Doubles and 11 SB in '04, .283/27/88, 30 Doubles and 7 SB in 9 more games last season... and BOOM! There you have it!
jameeman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:38 pm

Nice explanation. Keep up the good work, jameeman ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Return to Article Discussions