Top prospect BUSTS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top prospect BUSTS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 pm

Zito is God wrote:I don't see any indication (statistically) of him slowing down. Furthermore, the Brave have expressed that they have absolutely no intention of moving him from catcher.

I think now there is a bigger chance of Mccan getting traded 2 years from now then anything else. LaRoche will be the future fulltime and I think he has 30 HR potential.

Ja Saltalamacchia - C - Braves

Jarrod Saltalamacchia took fielding practice at first base before Tuesday's game.
Manager Bobby Cox said he was "just messing around out there," but obviously someone told him to do so. Saltalamacchia may end up at first base down the road, but for now he's baseball's top catching prospect. Mar. 8 - 9:47 am et
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

"Messing around out there" my arse ;-)
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:10 pm

Purple Haze wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I don't see any indication (statistically) of him slowing down. Furthermore, the Brave have expressed that they have absolutely no intention of moving him from catcher.

I think now there is a bigger chance of Mccan getting traded 2 years from now then anything else. LaRoche will be the future fulltime and I think he has 30 HR potential.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia took fielding practice at first base before Tuesday's game.
Manager Bobby Cox said he was "just messing around out there," but obviously someone told him to do so. Saltalamacchia may end up at first base down the road, but for now he's baseball's top catching prospect. Mar. 8 - 9:47 am et

The bold part is the big story, you don't mess with success. As I have stated before, LaRoche is the future 1B...

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:06 am

Zito is God wrote:
Purple Haze wrote:

The bold part is the big story, you don't mess with success. As I have stated before, LaRoche is the future 1B...

High A to AA...we shall see :-o
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:37 pm

I am going to vote for B.Wood as a bust.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby sj2k » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:56 pm

As much as I like him, and hearing the comparisons to griffey (he has a great swing) I am going to say justin upton. All the talent in the world but he hasn't done anything with it yet. Course you could have said that about delmon young last year and look where he is now, but he still hasn't proven himself. Also hanley rameriz, has the tools but can;t put it together, as a sox fan I am glad we got top value for him
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:11 pm

sj2k wrote:As much as I like him, and hearing the comparisons to griffey (he has a great swing) I am going to say justin upton. All the talent in the world but he hasn't done anything with it yet. Course you could have said that about delmon young last year and look where he is now, but he still hasn't proven himself. Also hanley rameriz, has the tools but can;t put it together, as a sox fan I am glad we got top value for him

Justin Upton was just drafted last year, so hasn't had a chance yet... Though he has looked VERY good this Spring :-D

Man it is great to be a DBACK Fan...J.Upton,S.Drew,C.Young,C.Jackson,C.Quentin, and maybe the best of the bunch, Carlos Gonzalez... Yep, Great to be a DBack fan ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby El Gaupo » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:20 pm

hybrid wrote:I don't agree with Billingsley at all, only way he busts in my mind is with injuries. The rest I can see though: either they are raw, had or could have injuries, or are overrated (Penn).

Anyways here are some guys I think could or should bust.

Felix Pie - I like the kid a lot, but he falls in the tons of raw talent that may not put it all together category. I hope he does well though cause he is one of my fav prospects.

Lastings Millledge - Much like Pie and question whether he will reach his upside.

Jonathon Papelbon - Yeah read any post I have commented on him, not a fan.

Honorable Mention: A. Marte

I've never thought of Papelbon as a top Prospect. He's like 25 years old. Top prospect are usually knocking on the door in their early 20"s imo. His career will probably be better than any one though when he was drafted.

My bust is Petit ... he may be a quilty of overachieving in minors.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:00 pm

El Gaupo wrote:I've never thought of Papelbon as a top Prospect. He's like 25 years old. Top prospect are usually knocking on the door in their early 20"s imo. His career will probably be better than any one though when he was drafted.

My bust is Petit ... he may be a quilty of overachieving in minors.

Well you must not be like everyone else then. The original topic was saying BA came out with it's Top 100 and who would likely be a potential to bust. Well on the list Papelbon is 37th and even at Baseball Prospectus he is 36th, so it seems to me most are considering him a pretty good prospect. Not only that but I've heard him being called a TOR pitcher now for quite a bit, and I just don't agree.

I agree with you on Petit, I think he has a pretty big chance to bust in the majors.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby brandnew » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:22 pm

He's not ready for the majors, but I'm saying that the Braves may pull something like they did with Francoeur or McCann last year. Anyone would have said they weren't ready for the majors at all, but that turned out decently well.

And, there's absolutely no way in hell that McCann is traded before LaRoche... he's better in every aspect. I'd eat Kevin Mench's hat if the Braves EVER took McCann over LaRoche... it makes no sense.

With McCann already at C and being a better defensive Catcher, I think Salty will move to first and displace LaRoche easily. I'm rooting for Roche to do well this year, but in a way I want him to not do too well, because I want Salty to play at 1B, and I hate how stubborn the Braves can be with players... Salty shouldn't be stuck in a platoon or on the bench/AAA like Marte.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:00 pm

what about Dan Meyer?
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball