Top prospect BUSTS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top prospect BUSTS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby brandnew » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:03 pm

I think he'll be well above average at 1B, too, but I do have a huge mancrush on him. He reminds me of Sheffield so much, it's scary. I think he's got 35 HR potential, with very good AVG/OBP numbers, similar to David Wright, who everyone considers to be well above average.
Image
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3599
Joined: 8 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The 909!

Postby Jenkins » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:40 pm

clevername wrote:
jvmillion83 wrote:Eric Duncan- With all those strikeouts, he has a 20-30 hr a year Jim Thome career coming towards him


Duncan should be so lucky to "only" have a Jim Thome career. That would not include "20-30 HR" a year...more like 40 a year.

Duncan is not in Thome's league.


I know, when would a career like Thome's ever be associated with a Bust? :-?
Image
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 812
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birmingham, AL

Postby jvmillion83 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:45 pm

Jenkins wrote:
clevername wrote:
jvmillion83 wrote:Eric Duncan- With all those strikeouts, he has a 20-30 hr a year Jim Thome career coming towards him


Duncan should be so lucky to "only" have a Jim Thome career. That would not include "20-30 HR" a year...more like 40 a year.

Duncan is not in Thome's league.


I know, when would a career like Thome's ever be associated with a Bust? :-?


I meant a Jim Thome type of hitter but avg of like 20-30 hrs in his best years tho... with a .260-.270 avg in his best years... with tons of Ks on the side. I wasn't saying that he was going to be a 40-50hr guy
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 215
Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:52 pm

jvmillion83 wrote:
Jenkins wrote:
clevername wrote:
jvmillion83 wrote:Eric Duncan- With all those strikeouts, he has a 20-30 hr a year Jim Thome career coming towards him


Duncan should be so lucky to "only" have a Jim Thome career. That would not include "20-30 HR" a year...more like 40 a year.

Duncan is not in Thome's league.


I know, when would a career like Thome's ever be associated with a Bust? :-?


I meant a Jim Thome type of hitter but avg of like 20-30 hrs in his best years tho... with a .260-.270 avg in his best years... with tons of Ks on the side. I wasn't saying that he was going to be a 40-50hr guy


So in other words, hes not going to be like Thome at all because the numbers will be completely different...I don't think you know what you're trying to say here.

Jose Hernandez sounds like a guy you are describing btw, and although I don't particularly like Duncan I would bet a good chunk that he will be better then Hernandez :).
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby Jenkins » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:53 pm

Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
Image
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 812
Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birmingham, AL

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Jenkins wrote:Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.


jvmillion83 didn't know what he was trying to say IMO. Just thought I'd point out to him what made sense. :).
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby jvmillion83 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:25 pm

Zito is God wrote:
So in other words, hes not going to be like Thome at all because the numbers will be completely different...I don't think you know what you're trying to say here.

Jose Hernandez sounds like a guy you are describing btw, and although I don't particularly like Duncan I would bet a good chunk that he will be better then Hernandez :).


A 20-30hr Jim Thome type player... take it for what its worth
jvmillion83
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 215
Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasygeek2006 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Salty hit a walk off 3 run jack off of Broxton today.
fantasygeek2006
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 176
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:25 pm

jvmillion83 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
So in other words, hes not going to be like Thome at all because the numbers will be completely different...I don't think you know what you're trying to say here.

Jose Hernandez sounds like a guy you are describing btw, and although I don't particularly like Duncan I would bet a good chunk that he will be better then Hernandez :).


A 20-30hr Jim Thome type player... take it for what its worth


So he's a thome player with less power?
then hes a different player. I'm sure there are comparisons that are made that can be right on in terms of what you wish to xpress.
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby Zito is God » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:26 pm

fantasygeek2006 wrote:Salty hit a walk off 3 run jack off of Broxton today.


I watched the game at the gym today, Andy LaRoche looked really nice. I can't see logical reasoning this early to say that Salty will bust at all.
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact