Lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lineup

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:05 pm

It has been kind of slow and there isn't much to talk about so let's play "You are the Manager".

Eckstein
Spivey
Pujols
Rolen
Edmonds
Encarnacion
Molina
Taguchi
Pitcher
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 291)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Lineup

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:55 pm

Eckstein
Encarnacion
Pujols
Rolen
Edmonds
J-Rod/Bigbie/Taguchi (If Taguchi, batting 7th beneath Molina)
Molina
Spivey
Pitcher
Image
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3324
Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby #1Cards_Fan » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 am

1. Eckstein
2. Spivey
3. Pujols
4. Rolen
5. Edmonds
6. J-Rod or Bigbie
7. Molina
8. Encarnacion
9. Pitcher
The Next Jim Edmonds!
#1Cards_Fan Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 30
Joined: 5 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Iowa

Re: Lineup

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Eckstein
Spivey
Pujols
Rolen
Edmonds
Encarnacion
Molina
Taguchi
Pitcher

Seems pretty good to me. I still think there will be a platoon to fill that last OF spot until someone proves themself. Taguchi just doesn't seem like a 145 game a year corner OF to me, then again, none of the other options at this point are either. :-?
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby JTWood » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:28 pm

In honor of KMOX postulating this morning that the Cards would probably try to acquire Soriano:

Eckstein
Soriano ;-7
Pujols
Rolen
Edmonds
Encarnacion
Taguchi/J-Rod
Molina

ps - There is no way that Jocketty and LaRussa invite him into their clubhouse.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:58 am

JTWood wrote:ps - There is no way that Jocketty and LaRussa invite him into their clubhouse.
It isn't even having Soriano in the clubhouse that is bad it is having him at 2B. The Cards pitchers rely too much on the ground ball and defense to have Soriano at 2B.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 291)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:11 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
JTWood wrote:ps - There is no way that Jocketty and LaRussa invite him into their clubhouse.
It isn't even having Soriano in the clubhouse that is bad it is having him at 2B. The Cards pitchers rely too much on the ground ball and defense to have Soriano at 2B.

Ditto. Maybe Walt's just waiting for the Nats to break him in out in left. ;-7
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby JTWood » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:23 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
JTWood wrote:ps - There is no way that Jocketty and LaRussa invite him into their clubhouse.
It isn't even having Soriano in the clubhouse that is bad it is having him at 2B. The Cards pitchers rely too much on the ground ball and defense to have Soriano at 2B.

Ditto. Maybe Walt's just waiting for the Nats to break him in out in left. ;-7

KMOX reported the Soriano rumor again today but with extra emphasis, making it seem like less of a rumor and more of a fact.

I guess he'd do fine in the OF here, but if he was coming here to play OF, why would he leave Wash?
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby #1Cards_Fan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:28 pm

Soriano agreed to play LF for the Nationals, so this conversation is over. Soriano is an excellent ball-player, but so is Manny Ramirez. Both guys have the maturity level of a toddler.
The Next Jim Edmonds!
#1Cards_Fan Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 30
Joined: 5 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Iowa

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:29 pm

JTWood wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
JTWood wrote:ps - There is no way that Jocketty and LaRussa invite him into their clubhouse.
It isn't even having Soriano in the clubhouse that is bad it is having him at 2B. The Cards pitchers rely too much on the ground ball and defense to have Soriano at 2B.

Ditto. Maybe Walt's just waiting for the Nats to break him in out in left. ;-7

KMOX reported the Soriano rumor again today but with extra emphasis, making it seem like less of a rumor and more of a fact.

I guess he'd do fine in the OF here, but if he was coming here to play OF, why would he leave Wash?


1. Bad relationship with management.
2. To win.
3. Impending FA year. Even without seeing a game in the new stadium I can tell you it can't be worse than RFK for hitters. Plus the Cards lineup blows away the Nats. That and a chance to showcase his talents in post-season (hopefully).

Still I don't want him on the infield. He'd do more harm than good.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 291)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Next

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact