BASEBALL TRADE RUMORS...get your input on whats going on... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BASEBALL TRADE RUMORS...get your input on whats going on...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pilambp » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:56 am

Clevelander wrote:whre are the latest rumors then for benitez and where he's heading? that and the so called reported everett move may be interesting.
thanks guys, keep them coming...

I think the Giants are the frontrunners for Benitez, since the Yankees don't need someone as high profile to fit their bullpen woes, the Sox have committed to BHK, and the Giants are still jonesin' for a closer.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dzcondor » Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:59 pm

I think the only real possibilities for Benitez are the Giants and possibly the Mariners. As a met fan, it sucks because I doubt they are gonna get much back for him with the perceived lack of interest.

I guess the same can be said for Urbina, but at least the Rangers can get the Yankees into the mix.

I also heard rumors that the Dodgers may have interest in Burnitz if the Mets pay the contract.
dzcondor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:22 pm

dzcondor wrote:I also heard rumors that the Dodgers may have interest in Burnitz if the Mets pay the contract.

I think the Dodgers are looking for a hitter, not another whiff king. But hey, I don't control the money bags...

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:10 am

The Dodgers would love to acquire Garrett Atkins from Colorado. The Rockies are interested in Chin-Feng Chen, but so far, that hasn't been enough to pry Atkins away from them.

Keep an eye on this one if you're in a keeper league - Chen at Coors would be interesting...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:22 am

Arlo wrote:The Dodgers would love to acquire Garrett Atkins from Colorado. The Rockies are interested in Chin-Feng Chen, but so far, that hasn't been enough to pry Atkins away from them.

Keep an eye on this one if you're in a keeper league - Chen at Coors would be interesting...

Yeah no Kidding. I hadn't heard that, Obviouslly he wouldn't play 1B.

What about Castillo. The Padres have said openly that they plan to add payroll this July. They are drooling for Castillo. The won't spend the money on a SS now, becuase if they can get Castillo, then K. Greene would be at SS. Bottom Line ... Padres have scouts following FLA. And they werent looking at Lowell.

Either Nevin or Klesko May get moved also .. my guess Klesko. IMO
Rondell White, Def. Loretta, Probably.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Clevelander » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:42 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1506230

more info to go on...very interesting.
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:54 am

I just figured I would pass this article on. I found it in the
SD Union Tribune. Why do they tease us like this?... Ordonez?Giles?Beltran?Castillo?Pettitte?Big Fat Colon? why?

I'll take two or three of those please, oh and toss in some onion rings and a Coke. :-)

Arizona 2003 NL West Champs.
SD Padres 2003 NL Wild Card. Can ya feel it?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby msaint » Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:43 am

I hear Mench to the Indians is almost a done deal. That would make the OF Bradley, Mench, Gerut, pretty solid. The Jake would actually be good for Mench, as it's a better HR park for righties than the Ballpark is (which is a LH hitter's paradise, but deep to left/left center).
msaint
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers