BASEBALL TRADE RUMORS...get your input on whats going on... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

BASEBALL TRADE RUMORS...get your input on whats going on...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BASEBALL TRADE RUMORS...get your input on whats going on...

Postby Clevelander » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:32 pm

this i think will run a while as i am curious to what others think. thus far the alomar move to chitown...will this help his numbers...?
i'd really like to hear what other gossip and big names have the possibility of moving and what impact that may have in the fantasy realm. JDH, i know your good for some input. there's got to be some local gossip going on as to whom is being looked at in your area/home team as well as who may be moving out...

again, just want to hear who's moving where and the impact it may have...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:35 pm

The Red Sox are trying to bring in another starter to round out their rotation. I think there's a possibility of a Nixon/Colon trade, or they might even give up T. Walker for a quality pitcher since they won't be able to resign him next year(most likely). Other than that, I know the Cubs are looking at T. Batista. I think quite a few other teams are also looking at him.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:11 pm

if the white sox are going to the trouble of trading for alomar i am going to assume they arent going to trade colon unless they have a monumental collapse in the next few weeks.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby brdmaverick » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:18 pm

Unless the White Sox go into a slump for the next month, I also find it safe to assume they will be keeping the services of Colon.

I know the Sox are looking for another starter, but I think it would most likely be for Sidney Poson or Brad Penny.
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tjhksig » Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:39 pm

Cubs will look at Batista, now that Florida has said Lowell is staying.

White Sox will get Everett, not trade Colon.

Red Sox are looking for another SP, possibly Ponson (Penny will likely stay in FLA, see above).

Mets will for sure trade Benitez soon, now that they have acquired 2 top closer prospects, one in AAA. Likely teams interested are Yanks, Giants, and M's.

Rangers will trade away anything w/ a salary not named A-Rod, even though he is partly to blame for their current situation. (Why the hell do you give him input on team moves and let him convince you that Van Poppel and Chan Ho Park are good players? How convenient they are Boras clients as well). :-t
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Hyde » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:12 am

The Tigers are looking to bring Juan Gone back. They are also looking for prospects at every position, but have no one to trade of any value except for Dimitri. Heard a few teams are interested in Jamie Walker, a situational lefty out of the pen, but that has no fantasy impact at all. I was just joking about Juan Gone, all big Tiger fans know how much he loved playing for Detroit. He sat out games when he got a mosquito bite in Motown.
When you are born you are given a ticket to the freak show, I say enjoy the show. - George Carlin
Hyde
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Clevelander » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:19 am

whre are the latest rumors then for benitez and where he's heading? that and the so called reported everett move may be interesting.
thanks guys, keep them coming...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Super GM » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:32 am

The Atlanta Braves are also trying to aquire another starter, because obviously they haven't and can't be too happy with the performances of the rotation, except Ortiz and Ramirez. Maddux is struggling, so are Hampton and Reynolds. They were going to try to trade for either Colon, Ponson, Schilling or Vazquez.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rufus102 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:40 am

Why are Cubs still looking for a 3B. didn't they just trade for one?
rufus102
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:54 am

The Cubs traded for Jose Hernandez, an SS. The rumors were that they were gonna acquire Mike Lowell from Florida, but the Marlins announced that they're keeping him. So, no the Cubs haven't.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers