how did i do? 12 team yahoo league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

how did i do? 12 team yahoo league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby McFly » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:53 pm

rentz wrote:the sp ww is a little limited.

shields was my pick of who to drop.
available sp's:

sosa,chacin,wells,lidle,seo, eaton,benson,washburn,chacon

penny and bedard are
also available

not exactly great.

Grab Chacin, Chacon and Bedard.

Chacin and Bedard will both have good seasons IMO. Bedard is one of my picks for a breakout season.

Chacon will be solid for the Yankees.

Duke
Liriano
Bedard
Chacin
Chacon

Try to trade for two studs and you may have an outside chance.
McFly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:15 pm

i would have to drop 3 players to pick those guys up.
i just dont see 3 players that i can just drop without regretting later...i could maybe drop 2
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MaggsIsMint » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:25 am

I agree with everyone else here who thinks you should try and trade your closers for SP help. Dont be afraid to give up any 2 of your closers to get a guy who can lead your staff. You have so much depth at the position that you can afford to give up any one or two of them if you get proper value.
MaggsIsMint
College Coach
College Coach

Postby McFly » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:37 am

rentz wrote:i would have to drop 3 players to pick those guys up.
i just dont see 3 players that i can just drop without regretting later...i could maybe drop 2

Drop Shields, Biggio and Wakefield.
McFly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rentz » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:53 pm

i would really like to keep biggio, and shields is a good low era pitcher, who might come in handy when i trade off a closer.

im actually thinking of trying to swing a trade with a guy who has santana,felix hernandez,hudson, and willis.
guy has 1 decent closer, and a horrible catcher.
i could spare pudge and 1-2 closers
guy also has chase utly who i might be able to get a swap with for soriano.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rentz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:23 pm

ok, i made a change, and proposed a trade

C J. Varitek
1B Mi. Sweeney
2B A. Soriano
3B Á. Rodríguez
SS C. Barmes
OF A. Jones
OF M. Holliday
OF J. Gomes
Util B. Wilkerson
BN J. Francoeur C. Biggio I. Rodríguez
SP Z. Duke F. Liriano
RP B. Lidge Fr. Rodríguez
P J. Nathan H. Street T. Hoffman
BN K. Escobar S. Shields

thats my new roster, and i proposed a trade of
pudge and hoffman (might change that to nathan) for felix hernandez
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MrE » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:43 pm

I don't think you can afford to trade Soriano. He has speed and power....both of which you lack. You need to build around him and Arod offensively.

I think you really need to upgrade at first base. Trade for a Thome....he should come cheap, and the reward could be gigantic. This guy was a 50 hr threat for about 8 years going until last year....You could hope he at least returns slightly to form. As a DH, he should be able to stay healthy.

SP - You need some starters, badly. Liriano is a gigantic risk....He may not even start consistently AND he is a rookie. I would look at some of Oakland's starters - Haren, Blanton, and Loaiza for cheap reliable players. Kazmir could be a high reward/low cost trade. Pettite seems undervalued this year....rated at 60 by yahoo. Be stingy though with your proposals. Be fair, but don't give up a ton of value. Look at what guys don't have a closer, and grab their second starter in return.

No need to trade or drop Biggio. 26 hr last year along with over 80 rbis....he had fantastic production for a second baseman, and you likely got him with your last pick...

Please rate mine: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=173612
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rentz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:56 pm

pretty much what i was thinking, i was looking at my 1b situation, sweeny is good, but a health risk.
wilkerson has the eligibility at first, but i dont know if he will keep that, seeing as he will NEVER play 1b with tex there.

i agree on liriano, i had him ranked low on my draft board, and he just fell to me, i was actually contemplating trading him off to someone who may value him.

i offered up pudge and hoffman for felix hernandez, which i thought was a pretty fair and balanced offer, considering hernandez isnt a 100% proven player, but will likely produce.

if that trade goes through, i was thinking i could then look at packaging another pitcher and a bat (maybe sweeny) for a 1b and a 2nd -3rd tier sp, like maybe a blanton type.

as far as kazmir and pettite, i dont think id be able to pry them away at a fair price.

then again, the guy who has pettite has a bunch of sp's... carpenter, halliday,zambrano,pettite,clemens
but has jones and macdougal for his closers.
he also has some 1b options in huff and howard.

the guy with kazmir im pretty sure is going to vastly overvalue him. would probably cost me lidge or f-rod + another player
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rentz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:15 pm

well...that trade fell through... maybe its time to go after kazmir or pettite afterall
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MrE » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:19 pm

I think I would offer Hoffman for Pettite and see what he does. If he rejects it, you could bump up to a different closer.....but with the SP he has....he is ripe for the picking. You two should be perfect trade partners. You could maybe even try making a Huff and Pettite deal for a closer + another player on your roster....If he is lacking a catcher, maybe Pudge could entice him as well.
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team