how did i do? 12 team yahoo league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

how did i do? 12 team yahoo league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how did i do? 12 team yahoo league

Postby rentz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:53 am

how did i do?
i kind of ended up getting a TON of closers, which i think can be great trade bait. im not quite happy about sweeny at first, though wilkerson qualifies at 1b for now.

C J. Varitek
(Bos - C)
1B Mi. Sweeney
(KC - 1B)
2B A. Soriano
(Was - 2B)
3B Á. Rodríguez
(NYY - 3B)
SS C. Barmes
(Col - SS)
OF A. Jones
(Atl - OF)
OF M. Holliday
(Col - OF)
OF J. Gomes
(TB - OF)
Util I. Rodríguez
(Det - C)

BN
J. Francoeur
(Atl - OF)
B. Wilkerson
(Tex - 1B)
C. Biggio
(Hou - 2B)

SP Z. Duke
(Pit - SP)
SP F. Liriano
(Min - SP)
RP B. Lidge
(Hou - RP)
RP Fr. Rodríguez
(LAA - RP)
P J. Nathan
(Min - RP)
P H. Street
(Oak - RP)
P T. Hoffman
(SD - RP)

BN
T. Wakefield
(Bos - SP)
S. Shields
(LAA - RP)

Stat Categories: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SF, SB, BB, K, GIDP, AVG, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby McFly » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:02 am

I think it's no secret that you won't win the league with this team.

Your lineup is OK. Great power potential with A-Rod, Soriano, Jones, Holliday and Gomes. Maybe not enough speed, though A-Rod and Soriano should help you in that department.

Your pitching staff is terrible! You have only 3 starting pitchers. Duke and Liriano both have a lot of talent. But they can't lead your staff. Wakefield is a below-average fantasy starter.

Your closers are great. With Lidge, K-Rod, Nathan, Street and Hoffman you have 5 of the best available closers. Try to trade at least two of them for starting pitching. You need an ace with K-potential.

Drop Shields and Biggio for starting pitching. Maybe there's something on the WW.
McFly
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rentz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:05 am

the sp ww is a little limited.

shields was my pick of who to drop.
available sp's:

sosa,chacin,wells,lidle,seo, eaton,benson,washburn,chacon

penny and bedard are
also available

not exactly great.
Last edited by rentz on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Roy Hobbs » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:47 am

I agree with McFly, I think you focused way to much on RPs when you should have been grabbing SPs. Of those you mention on the WW I'd pick up Chacin, he and Tor have potential this year. Unless you think the WW SPs are going to go fast I'd hold off and see how they do in Spring Training. I'd focus more on trading RPs for SPs right now. It'd hurt if one or more of your RPs looked bad in Spring Training and lost their worth. Good luck.

Rate mine if you have minute.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=172942
Roy Hobbs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:50 am

yeah, this was an autopick draft, and i ranked players not really for need, but for best available. plus im not too bummed about tons of closers, and not enough sp's. last season i got stuck the opposite and it really bit me. the closers became great trade bait, and starters were easier to come by.

im not sure how fast the sp's on the wire will go. i posted that im looking to trade some closers for some starting pitching, seeing as i ended up with a large chunk of the best closers, leaving other guys thin there
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wroclawredsox » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 pm

Only two starters(and wake)with a combined 9 ml wins is going to be trouble for this year. I have both on my autodraft yahoo team and have trades out for Duke as I think his value is overrated. I agree that you should trade some relief for starters, YOu'll win whip, era, saves, but finish last in the other three categories, which puts you in the middle of the pack. No way your offense can overcome this.

Get rid of Hoffman- he's old and a small injury away from retirement.

Just a rookie's comments but there you go

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=172900
wroclawredsox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:43 pm

yeah, hoffman and nathan were the 2 closers i was looking to trade off.
i know people are going to try and get street from me, but they can pry him from my cold dead hands!

what caliber of sp do you think hoffman is worth?
i glanced at several teams rosters, and a lot of guys are in need of a 40saves guy. most have 1 solid closer, and a lower tier closer or a guy who is in competition for the closers job
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gator » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:48 pm

I agree with McFly 100%.. what were you thinking about pitching? I mean.. gotta tab a SP ACE material somewhere in the first 5 Rounds..

But you got enough power, swing a combo deal of a soriano (I really think his numbers will go down this year, but he will sell high now, and package in a Lidge or Hoffman, for a front of the rotation guy, for soriano hoffman package, try for a colon type, consistent big K machine, your ERA should do well with the closers you have.
Gator
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:52 pm

Gator wrote:I agree with McFly 100%.. what were you thinking about pitching? I mean.. gotta tab a SP ACE material somewhere in the first 5 Rounds..

But you got enough power, swing a combo deal of a soriano (I really think his numbers will go down this year, but he will sell high now, and package in a Lidge or Hoffman, for a front of the rotation guy, for soriano hoffman package, try for a colon type, consistent big K machine, your ERA should do well with the closers you have.

yeah, i was actually considering packaging soriano with a closer for a solid sp. and using biggio at 2b. because i agree, his numbers will really drop this year....however, i really could use any sb's he may get.

the reason i got all those closers was mostly how the chips fell in an autodraft. i ranked based on best players, as you have no clue what you will get in an autodraft. i had pleanty of sp's in my top 20....they just all happened to get snagged up quick. so i ended up getting a bunch of top tier closers.

fortunately closers are a very tradeable commodity.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wroclawredsox » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:36 pm

Maybe a trade combining soriano and Jones for cantu/figgins(covers your sb issue) and a huge of will work. I expect dropoffs from each.

Try to package one of your catchers with a closer for top pitching- two good catchers and there arent many
wroclawredsox
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team