Manny being Manny (with ridiculous hair) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny being Manny (with ridiculous hair)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby alxb14 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:04 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:If you think Manny makes $160 million to field, you better buy a clue. Make fun of his fielding all you want, but 40 HR and 140 RBI speak for themselves. He could be twice as bad and you'd all still covet his production.

Not for $160M. That's why he's being pimped every off season and no one is biting.

Seems to me like a lot of teams are biting, but nobody can square away deal. It's not like there aren't several teams who would love his services.

If by "a lot of teams" you mean just your mets, then sure
alxb14
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:08 pm

alxb14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:If you think Manny makes $160 million to field, you better buy a clue. Make fun of his fielding all you want, but 40 HR and 140 RBI speak for themselves. He could be twice as bad and you'd all still covet his production.

Not for $160M. That's why he's being pimped every off season and no one is biting.

Seems to me like a lot of teams are biting, but nobody can square away deal. It's not like there aren't several teams who would love his services.

That's a blatant lie. By the end it looked like the Angels were going to get Manny, and not us. I might be wrong but I believe the Dodgers were interested as well, and at least one other team.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 pm

DK wrote:
alxb14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:

That's a blatant lie. By the end it looked like the Angels were going to get Manny, and not us. I might be wrong but I believe the Dodgers were interested as well, and at least one other team.

Baltimore too
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:54 pm

AtlDynasty25 wrote:
DK wrote:
alxb14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Baltimore too

I vaguely remember hearing Seattle also.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jbones733 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:24 pm

Pokey wrote:
Sp_Da_Man wrote:Has anyone heard or scene what kind of shape he's in?

From the pic above he looks pretty trim.

All the reports so far have been that he's in the best shape of his life. Reporters tend to have rose colored glasses at spring training, but Manny does look to be a bit trimmer.

saw an interview w Francona , he said besides from the hair Manny is in amazing shape (i personally dig the dreads)
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:13 am

Thank you gentlemen, for citing the other teams before I got a chance to. Gotta love when people run their mouths like clueless clowns.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 821)

Postby Andy1234 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:41 am

Everybody would love to have Manny, but no one wants him at that price. The Proof: He cleared Waivers (a few years back).

Anyone could have had him without giving up anything, they only had to pay him, but no one wanted too.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:03 pm

Andy1234 makes a good point about waivers a couple of years back.

Sure any team would love to have Manny but when they weigh the options (salary, what they'd have to give up, maybe attitude) it never gets closer than rumors from what you read & hear.
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers