Wily Mo vs. Dan Johnson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wily Mo vs. Dan Johnson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:54 pm

Most likely Swisher will lose some AB's to Kielty but I think Johnson will get almost full time AB's. Pena has more risk but he has more reward so it really depends on what you want out of the roster spot. If you are in a deep league and they are going to be a part of your active roster I'd go with Johnson. If you are in a shallow league and could easily replace either off the free agent list then I'd go with Pena.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:58 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:^Ok? :-?

He's implying the possibility that Pena falls to the same fate of Patterson, meaning there will be several threads a week here at the Cafe such as "When the heck will WMP stop K'ing?!?!" and "Drop Willy Mo for... ?"

Sure, he's trying to work out a kink in his style to K less, but that doesn't mean he's going to. That's all that's being said here.

Willy Mo's got a ton of that 'upside' thing people like to talk about, and if you have a strong team and can afford to take that risk, then by all means, take it, with the possibility of your team being even stronger. Same can be said about a cellar team willing to try new things. But, I wouldn't be comfortable relying on Pena for much, until he shows me a bit more.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby IVIisfits138 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:23 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:what are you talking about. Jay Payton's starting days are over and Dan Johnson will have the 1B by himself and Swisher will play OF

When did Payton's starting days begin? Still waiting on this "can't miss" Mets prospect...
Do Work
IVIisfits138
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:47 pm

IVIisfits138 wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:what are you talking about. Jay Payton's starting days are over and Dan Johnson will have the 1B by himself and Swisher will play OF

When did Payton's starting days begin? Still waiting on this "can't miss" Mets prospect...

He was getting a lot of AB last year from Bobby Kielty but they have Milton Bradley this year
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby glcmustliveon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:46 am

At least he sounds confident.... I wouldnt mind having him on my bench though....

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers