Do I need more power??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do I need more power???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do I need more power???

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 am

I think I did okay with my speed and pitching but not sure about my power???
12 team Yahoo H2H, std 5x5, std roster with an extra UT, Here'e mine:

C: J Willingham
1B: R Howard
2B: R Weeks
3B: D Wright
SS: B Hall
OF: C Crawford, C Beltran, A Huff
UT: W Taveras, N Swisher
BN: P Fielder, Delmon Young, D McPherson, M Murton

SP: F Hernandez
SP: D Haren
RP: J Nathan
RP: D Turnbow
P: B Webb
P: M Cain
P: F Liriano
BN: J Papelbon
BN: A Reyes
BN: J Seo
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hooligan1 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:07 am

I'm going to be bluntly honest: I don't like your team all that much. Unless it's a keeper (and I'm guessing it's not) you are going to relying far, far too much on young unproven players. Take a hard, objective look at your roster. Willingham, Howard, Weeks, Fielder, Young, McPherson, Murton, Hernandez, Cain, Liriano, Papelbon and Reyes all have extremely short to non-existent track records. I wouldn't have a problem having one or two (or even possibly three) of these types on my team, but a dozen or so......I don't know. I bet at least half the guys I just listed do not live up to expectations this season. In addition, Wright, Tavares, Haren and Turnbow aren't exactly super-established and Hall, Swisher and Seo are all exceedingly vanilla. The only guys on your roster that you should have a pretty decent idea of what they are going to do are Beltran, Huff, Crawford, Webb, Nathan and probably Wright. When you go into the season only having six guys you can count on, you are setting yourself up for failure. And last year, Beltran and Huff both pretty much sucked, so if this was last year, there go two of your only six reliables.

Sorry, dude! But I do NOT like this team in a redraft league, and it's even pushing the boundries for a keeper. This may be a great team in 2008, but not this year.........
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:13 am

this team can still compete this year. You have good power with howard, weeks, wright, hall, crawford, beltran, as well has huff and prince

YOu could use another SP thaat is reliable

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=172454
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:30 am

hooligan1 wrote:I'm going to be bluntly honest: I don't like your team all that much. Unless it's a keeper (and I'm guessing it's not) you are going to relying far, far too much on young unproven players. Take a hard, objective look at your roster. Willingham, Howard, Weeks, Fielder, Young, McPherson, Murton, Hernandez, Cain, Liriano, Papelbon and Reyes all have extremely short to non-existent track records. I wouldn't have a problem having one or two (or even possibly three) of these types on my team, but a dozen or so......I don't know. I bet at least half the guys I just listed do not live up to expectations this season. In addition, Wright, Tavares, Haren and Turnbow aren't exactly super-established and Hall, Swisher and Seo are all exceedingly vanilla. The only guys on your roster that you should have a pretty decent idea of what they are going to do are Beltran, Huff, Crawford, Webb, Nathan and probably Wright. When you go into the season only having six guys you can count on, you are setting yourself up for failure. And last year, Beltran and Huff both pretty much sucked, so if this was last year, there go two of your only six reliables.

Sorry, dude! But I do NOT like this team in a redraft league, and it's even pushing the boundries for a keeper. This may be a great team in 2008, but not this year.........

No prob - I wanted feedback, positive or negative. I did go a little heavy on the youngsters. With a run on closers I got Turnbow in the 9th and his numbers were pretty amazing last year and I'll be happy with anything close to a repeat. And I like Haren's value as a 12th round pick - he was pretty solid last year and got better as the year ended. (and yes it is a re-draft)
Anyone else???
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:47 am

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:this team can still compete this year. You have good power with howard, weeks, wright, hall, crawford, beltran, as well has huff and prince

SP's avail are: K Rogers, D Lowe, P Byrd, J Towers, D Wells, B Chen, D Cabrera, J Suppan, A Small, N Robertson, Od Perez, J Washburn - suggestions?
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hooligan1 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:24 am

stomperrob wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:this team can still compete this year. You have good power with howard, weeks, wright, hall, crawford, beltran, as well has huff and prince

SP's avail are: K Rogers, D Lowe, P Byrd, J Towers, D Wells, B Chen, D Cabrera, J Suppan, A Small, N Robertson, Od Perez, J Washburn - suggestions?

Not a lot there...... I'd go with either Wells, as he is usually pretty decent and on the Red Sox or Cabrera because of his K's and Mazzone.
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:25 pm

bump - anyone else???
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:29 pm

Like the previous poster mentioned, you have a shot to compete this year. I would try and take a chance on Cabrera and pick him up. The kid is a fireballer who can throw the heat. If he pans out for you, you'll be laughing.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team