Give me you're opinion on my CBS $500 Double Diamond League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Give me you're opinion on my CBS $500 Double Diamond League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Give me you're opinion on my CBS $500 Double Diamond League

Postby HasteTheDay » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:21 pm

H2H - 10 Teams

Pos: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3OF, U and 7P (any).

Singles - 1 point
Doubles - 2 points
Triples - 3 points
Walks - 1 point
Home Runs - 4 points
Runs - 1 point
Runs Batted In - 1 point
Stolen Bases - 2 points

BBI -0.5 points
CG - 5 points
ER -1 point
HA -0.5 points
Innings 2 points
K - 1 point
S - 10 points
W - 10 points

C-Piazza
1B-Sexon
2B-Kent
SS-Tejada
3B-Blalock
OF-Bonds
OF-Guerrero
OF-Ordonez
U-Delgado

P:R.Johnson
P:Smoltz
P:Buehle
P:O.Perez
P:Clement
P:L.Hernandez
P:Bedard

R:D.Young
R:Hermida

R:D.Cabera
R:Heilman
R:MacDougal
R:A.Reyes

Give me some insight. Thanks a lot.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hooligan1 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 am

Well, you have a lot of power, should get a ton of doubles and homers. However, you have NO speed so will not be getting any appreciable triples or steals. Your pitching is pretty good, mostly strikeout guys. I'm curious if O Perez is Oliver or Odalis? Your closer situation is sketchy at best.......Saves count for a lot; I would do what's nescesary to get a couple (good) closers and some speed guys. Try to get some guys who blend speed with power, ie F. Lopez, Holliday, Wilkerson, Crisp, Wright, Utley, Iguchi, Beltran, etc......
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Mr.3000 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:03 am

Boy, I think that you're in for a looooooooooooong season. That outfield of yours looks brittle, Delgado is moving into a serious pitchers park, Kent may start the year on the DL and his best years are clearly behind him, and Piazza may wind up being so much a a liability behind the plate that he doesn't get too many ABs this season. Speaking of brittle, what do you think the chances are that RJ and Smoltz will make 55 starts or throw 350 innings between the two of them?

I think that you bought the names, I would have loved to have this lineup 5 seasons ago, but not today.

Sorry man, I'm not trying to be mean. This is just an honest assessment of what I think. If it were me I would begin a major overhaul of this team immediately.
Mr.3000
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HasteTheDay » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:10 am

It's Oliver Perez.

I love this team. If Hermida, and Young develope, i'll have a guy to replace Mags if he doesnt do so well...

I hate closers. So many times have I won without them, and lost with them. Boy, their great when they get that week where they get 4 chances... then the week you need them most... they get 0-1 chances. I'd much rather load up on SP and work the WW just a bit, and make 12-14 starts a week.

Piazza was taken in the very last round. Not a big deal with him. Whole lot still available.

Delgado will continue to hit HR. No matter what ballpark you stick him in. And with that cast around him. You cant wish for better!

I do think Randy and Smoltz will put up theirs. Smoltz may get banged up a bit.. but the drop off between SP was too great. I had to take him.

I assume this season will cruise along just fine.

Thank you so much for your opinions!
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:29 am

Mr.3000 wrote:Boy, I think that you're in for a looooooooooooong season. That outfield of yours looks brittle, Delgado is moving into a serious pitchers park, Kent may start the year on the DL and his best years are clearly behind him, and Piazza may wind up being so much a a liability behind the plate that he doesn't get too many ABs this season. Speaking of brittle, what do you think the chances are that RJ and Smoltz will make 55 starts or throw 350 innings between the two of them?

I think that you bought the names, I would have loved to have this lineup 5 seasons ago, but not today.

Sorry man, I'm not trying to be mean. This is just an honest assessment of what I think. If it were me I would begin a major overhaul of this team immediately.

Yea, I forgot that last year Delgado played in a hitter's park...It's better to have power in this format then speed. Triples don't help that much in this league, as not many people hit too many anymore.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby HasteTheDay » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:39 am

Yeah, exactly. SB's are fine too... but still not that great. Delgado, Tejada, Bonds, Guerrero, Sexon, Blalock... all can knock out 2 HRs any given game. Thats 12 points right there alone. Where as someone like Crawford can have 2 hits and and a SB and it only be worth 4.

I much rather prefer power over speed in CBS H2H leagues. Its jsut common sense.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HasteTheDay » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:16 pm

anyone else wanna give their opinion?
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team