Which 2 players to pick up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which 2 players to pick up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which 2 players to pick up?

Postby red » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:04 pm

Hey gang-- who should I pick up, best performers until the end of the year. Give me your ideas, I'll include my roster below:

need 2 of:
Conine
Miguel Cabrera
Jason Phillips (Mets)
Rondell White
Tino Martinez
Podsednik
also sorta thinking about Bo Hart but I have a feeling he won't stay. Also maybe Cintron.

My roster:

C. Vic Martinez, 1b, Delgado, 2b, Durham, 3b Chavez, ss, Arod, OF Kearns, OF, Berkman, OF Manny, UT, G. Anderson
Backups: Toby Hall, Brandon Phillips, Jose Reyes, David Eckstein (will probably trade him now I have Arod).
P's-- for whatever reason if you need them-- K. Brown, Unit, Randy Wolf, Moyer, Brett Myers, Ryan Franklin, Adam Eaton, John Patterson, Paul Wilson, Jerome Williams. CP Izzy and Baez.

Now that you know my entire life story, please help me decide who I should pick up! Thanks!
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pilambp » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:09 pm

Posednik is definately worth a roster spot. He hasn't played the full season, and has 16 steals so far. He's also been hitting around .300 and at leadoff for the Brewers so he has the potential to score a decent amount of runs.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UMTerp29 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:09 pm

looks like you team is severly lacking speed, so i'd get podsednik, although I can't see you playing him over any of your current OF's. You can pu him in for Kearns I guess since he's a little banged up and slumping. I guess I'd get Conine out of the rest, he's a good rbi guy and a decent fill in for an injury.
UMTerp29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby red » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:11 pm

Thanks guys-- for point of reference, it's an H2H points based league so I don't actully need to get steals, etc-- although to be honest (that you can tell from my roster) I like the speed guys-- you know what they say-- speed doesn't slump...
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers