First post, just a little roster help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First post, just a little roster help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First post, just a little roster help

Postby lpsevier » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:25 am

Just found this forum (thanks to Google) and it seems to be a great place. I've read through alot of posts and there seems to be some great ideas/information being shared.

That being said I wonder if you guys could give me a little roster advice. I'm concerned that my pitching staff has three A's on it, and what else offensively should I look to upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Standard Cat 12 team H2H

C - M Barrett
1B - M. Teixeira
2B - R. Weeks
3B - M. Ensberg
SS - J. Lugo
OF - J. Bay
OF - L. Berkman
OF - K. Griffey Jr
Util - C. Tracy
BN - Francoeur
BN - R. Cano
BN - N. Johnson

SP - R. Halladay
SP - R. Harden
RP - H. Street
RP - J. Valverde
P - J. Patterson
P - L. Hernandez
P - C. Capuano
BN - C. Young
BN - E. Loaiza

B-)
lpsevier
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Saintyopa » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:51 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the three pitchers on the same team. The A's should be pretty decent so long as Milton Bradley doesn't corrupt them all. The only thing I can see that would need some improvement is the OF. Bay should be fine, but Griffey will get hurt at some point, and who knows with Berkman. Berkman is good, but I just dont trust him to not blow his knee out. And is he even going to be ready for the season? Francoeur is a good replacement, but second year guys can struggle.
Saintyopa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

your team

Postby Eightan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:27 pm

Saintyopa wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about the three pitchers on the same team. The A's should be pretty decent so long as Milton Bradley doesn't corrupt them all. The only thing I can see that would need some improvement is the OF. Bay should be fine, but Griffey will get hurt at some point, and who knows with Berkman. Berkman is good, but I just dont trust him to not blow his knee out. And is he even going to be ready for the season? Francoeur is a good replacement, but second year guys can struggle.

agreed... plus you also might want to be wary of ensberg... i'm not sure why but i have this feeling that last season was an anamoly. your pitching staff looks competitive though, well balanced up and down.
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby carmo911 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:33 pm

Agree with above. Pitching should be fine. Griffey injury prone but when he goes down hopefully Francouer will be ale to step in.
I'm also not sold on Ensberg.

See mine

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 14#1378414
carmo911
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lpsevier » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:46 pm

Do you think the players I have on the Bench now should stay there? If I wanted to get rid of Berkman/Ensberg who do you think I should go after?

Thanks for the replies!
lpsevier
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby usclerkguy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 pm

Pretty good lineup! Agree w/ everyone else,.Don't worry about 3 A's pitchers,they'll be fine!!!! Really like Berkman ,wouldn't trade.
If you get rid of Ensberg try for 2 for 1 deal: Ensberg for Glaus and a lesser player. I like Glaus up in Toronto and Ensberg may be overrated(not sold on him yet).Glaus is a pretty sure bet. If you have doubts about ensberg I 'd try to trade him while his value is at a premium!!!!
usclerkguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lpsevier » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:03 pm

usclerkguy wrote:Pretty good lineup! Agree w/ everyone else,.Don't worry about 3 A's pitchers,they'll be fine!!!! Really like Berkman ,wouldn't trade.
If you get rid of Ensberg try for 2 for 1 deal: Ensberg for Glaus and a lesser player. I like Glaus up in Toronto and Ensberg may be overrated(not sold on him yet).Glaus is a pretty sure bet. If you have doubts about ensberg I 'd try to trade him while his value is at a premium!!!!

I'll may do that. Thanks for the advice!
lpsevier
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team