SP D. Davis(Mil - SP)- - - - - - - -
SP J. Blanton(Oak - SP)- - - - - - - -
RP C. Cordero(Was - RP)- - - - - - - -
RP T. Jones(Det - RP)- - - - - - - -
BN T. Gordon(Phi - RP)- - - - - - - -
BN C. Capuano(Mil - SP)- - - - - - - -
BN E. Loaiza(Oak - SP)- - - - - - - -
BN E. Santana(LAA - SP)- - - - - - - -

I need to pick up shelton up but im not sure who to drop. i was thinking santana but i really think hes gonna be good this year...drop loaiza? also, if you are wondering why i have gordon, this league has holds, first time ive ever been in a league with HLDs. how should i attack this new stat?

if you could help me with weaknesses, overall potential of my team, and what i should do about the HLD, that would be good.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GoatCurse03 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:18 am

Your team will mash and have good SP and closers with good K's, and I like the flexibility that you have for this year with Freel, Cabrera and Dunn.

You do have two categories where you will struggle: holds and SBs. Gordon will be the Phillies closer so he's not going to get any holds unless he really tanks as closer. You'll need to find someone or you won't get any. I assume Shields, Timlin, Linebrink, Howry, Farnsworth and the next 6+ holders are gone, so look for someone who may be getting the job for the first time this year on a team who "promoted" last year's holder to closer, or where the team's holder went FA. I can't think of the players' names but check Baltimore, Cleveland, SF anyways. I don't think I'd seek a trade for a holder, but that's because I think I could find one on WW

Freel is your only SB threat, you will not get much from anyone else. This you will have to trade for because I don't think there will be much on WW for you. I'd recommend taking advantage of Cabrera's flexibility for this year: Deal Lee (Keep Dunn, plus you have Jenkins as insurance), move Miggy to OF and Blalock to 3B to get some SBs--Lee is worth a pretty good return. You might also consider swapping MIs for someone with some wheels. Maybe Kent, then move Freel to 2B and fill the OF with who you get.
GoatCurse03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DirtyWater » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:02 pm

Not bad. Hitting is very solid. Good mix of speed and power. Pitching is also solid. I have a couple of concerns though. Cabrera is going to have a hard time matching last years numbers with the pitiful lineup he has around him. You have enough left to get bye but don't be surprised if cabrera can't reach 100 RBI. Along the same lines There is no way Cordero leads the league in saves (or save oppertunities) again. Not on that Washington team. I'm not saying he'll have a bad year but think 35 to 42 not 45+. Also I'm not sold on Todd Jones. Anyway all that it just me being paranoid. These guys have the ability to put up good numbers again I just expect a slight decline. Either way you should be a contender.

Don't drop Loaiza The guy is going to pitch for a strong Oakland team and he always throws plenty of innings. He will get wins IMO.
When life gives you lemons, throw them at the yankees.....
DirtyWater
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 pm

drop loaiza for a Holds guy on FA. Your weakness is SB like everybody said, but you might be able to survive and still finish on top. I advise you to not sell MCAB cheap. He still has talented bats that have the potential to be good around him. I would try to trade Giambi for an outfielder with speed, that way you can move dunn to 1B.
Rubber Game Roster
ImageImage
whoseyourdaddy12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Mission: break the curse of the Chicago Cubs in Rubber Game

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team