14 team h2h, comments appreciated - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14 team h2h, comments appreciated

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

14 team h2h, comments appreciated

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:24 am

this was a strange drafts, with a run on SP in the first round, followed by a 3b run, cl run, ss run. kinda threw off my plan a bit, but heres what i ended up with.

C- Barrett
1B- dunn
2B- figgins
3B- zimmerman
SS- carlos guillen
OF- vlad
OF- sizemore
OF- holliday
util- tracy
util- wilkerson
bn- j.d. drew
bn- barmes
bn- j willingham

SP- halladay
SP- schmidt
SP- lackey
RP- c cordero
RP- benitez
P- haren
P- valverde
P- bedard
bn- escobar
bn- odalis perez
bn- maholm
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mythrabbit » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:49 am

You seem to have held your own through the weird draft. Though I would probably have opted for someone a little stronger than Zimmerman at 3rd. That seems more like a bench sleeper than a serious starter pick. Still, the vast majority of your team ended up very strong. Your pitching is good and well-balanced as is. As for offense, I might try to deal Sizemore for a high-class first baseman. OF is generally a shallower position than 1b (just because people need 3 of them) and maybe you can pick up a Konerko or Berkman for your Sizemore, move your new guy to util and start tracy in the OF. It's a straight upgrade I think you could get someone to take.
mythrabbit
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:18 am

tracy should get 3b eligibility a few weeks into the season, shouldnt he? im counting on that, moving him to 3rd and zimmerman to the bench and then starting drew. otherwise i like the idea of trading sizemore for a 1b, but if drew goes down my OF would be in trouble.

im a little worried about the health of cordero and benitez (along with guillen, but i think barmes should be a strong enough backup), but not sure who i should trade to get another cp, or if i should just watch st and see who wins the job on some teams.
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:22 am

tracy should get 3b eligibility a few weeks into the season, shouldnt he? im counting on that, moving him to 3rd and zimmerman to the bench and then starting drew. otherwise i like the idea of trading sizemore for a 1b, but if drew goes down my OF would be in trouble.

im a little worried about the health of cordero and benitez (along with guillen, but i think barmes should be a strong enough backup), but not sure who i should trade to get another cp, or if i should just watch st and see who wins the job on some teams.
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:03 pm

(bump)
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:58 pm

comeon, there must be some more opinions out there! ill rate your teams if you leave a link
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team