Please help w/ my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please help w/ my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please help w/ my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby SteelCurtnDee » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:02 am

Ok I'll be honest... I'm a very casual baseball fan and decided to do this to keep me occupied till next football season (REPEAT STEELERS!!!!)

Ok I just finished my draft... what positions do I need help at and who do I have that's good trade bait but not a huge loss to me (any help is appreciated!

we start 1 from each position... 1 utility player... and 6 pitchers (at least 2 SP and 2 RP)

C: J. Kendall (Oak)
1B: D. Ortiz (Bos)
2B: F. Lopez (Cin)
3B: N. Garciaparra (LAD)
SS: D. Eckstein (Stl)
OF: I. Suzuki (Sea)
OF: C. Lee (Mil)
OF: V. Wells (Tor)
UTIL: S. Casey (Pit)
BN: M. Alou (SF), C. Counsell (Ari), J Guillen (Was)

SP: B. Sheets (Mil), A. Pettitte (Hou), M. Mulder (Stl), M. Mussina (NYY), J. Weaver (LAA)
RP: J. Isringhausen (Stl), J. Valverde (Ari)

BN: D. Lowe (LAD), D. Hermanson (CWS)
SteelCurtnDee
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nick99163 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:40 am

I think you need help at RP - Hermanson was a temporary closer last year. He's too old to do anything spectacular anymore. I don't know much about valverde, but I'm not sure if he's very good.

Nomar is risky - I suggest trading him to some gullible Red Sox/Dodgers fan for a better IF or an RP. Eckstein is consistent, but does not put up huge numbers. You might try to upgrade your infield. Also, I don't like Mulder and think he's over-rated, though after last year's performance, many have probably caught on to his has-been status. If not, dupe someone into trading you something for him.
nick99163
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:57 am

Your offense looks decent. Your IF apart from Ortiz could probably be upgraded all around. You are stacked at OF. You can definitely afford to deal one of those guys. Health looks to be the biggest concern at SP. If healthy, you should be fine there, but if not, it could be a long season. Keep your eye on the WW there. RP looks good. I like Izzy and as of now, Valverde has the closers job in Arizona. I'd probably dump Hermanson and see what you can pick up. I think the biggest concern for this team is the infield. If you can upgrade there and keep your rotation together, you should be OK.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dmbpanic » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:11 am

I agree that your infield could be improved upon...but I would keep Lopez in addition to Ortiz. Lopez is very solid. I would definitely get rid of Kendall. He is SERIOUSLY overrated. Catching is thin enough that I think you could trade him to someone else in your league that would overrate him. I would look for a different 2B and move Lopez to SS. You could probably trade for Cano, Weeks, Loretta, Iguchi w/o having to give up too much (getting one of the premium 2Bs will cost too much)

I would keep your starting OF intact, but wouldn't hesitate at all to trade Casey, Guillen or Alou (c'mon...that guy pees on his hands!) along w/Kendall in order to upgrade in the infield. Bobby Crosby, Orlando Cabrera, Bill Hall, Ryan Freel might be had at a reasonable price. I would also drop Counsell FLAT. He will bring some SBs...but isn't worth the roster spot.

Your SPs are very solid...even if they won't all give you great ratios (Mussina, Lowe), they should give you a decent amount of wins and provide solid numbers across the board. Sheets and Pettitte are very strong and I think that Weaver will pick up some W's for the team with the longest name in all of sports.

I think your RP situation is PERFECT. Two very good RPs is a good start...just be ready to pounce on the waiver wire as soon as teams make RP changes. Valverde has some FILTHY stuff...he just needs to stay healthy. He should give you good ratios and save as many games as you would expect for a team that isn't very good. I would drop Hermanson though...he won't be picked up, so if he does somehow end up with the closer job again, you can be the first to grab him from the wire.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=172576
dmbpanic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team