my team is insane - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

my team is insane

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dmbpanic » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:31 am

seniorpaul wrote:I think your first move should be turning off your Caps Lock.

You do have a nice team though.

Thats pretty funny...

I would look into Willingham. I think Doumit is good for a last round pick, but I would put easy money on Willingham outperforming Doumit.

Here are the projections I've seen for the two (Willingham on top each time):

2006 MLB fantasy guide:
.275 67 20 64 7
.277 46 13 50 2

ESPN:
.262 58 16 55 5
.271 44 13 48 1

What is really crazy is that RotoWire and MLB Fantasy Guide have Willingham as the 4th and 5th Ranked Catcher (respectively) in all of MLB.

I wouldn't go that high...but I got him in R21 and R19 in my last two drafts.
dmbpanic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: my team is insane

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:45 am

Nice team overall. Your offense is stacked. Tons of speed in Pods, Rollins, Figgins and decent speed in A-Rod and Bay. Lots of power iwth A-Rod, Howard, Hafner, Bay and potentially Holliday. I like Gomes and Wilkerson on your bench as well. SP looks solid. I like Zambrano as your ace and you have a couple #2's in Pettitte and Haren. Kazmir should be good this year. Bonderman has potential but his ERA is a little high. If Clemens comes back you're set there. At this point though, it sounds as if he'll retire. However, he's been saying that for 3 seasons, so you'll just have to wait and see. Your RP is the most worrying thing on your team. I'd wait and see what Gonazalez and Orvella can do, but I'd also try and upgrade if possible and reasonable. Shields will be good for the occassional win, K's, ERA, and WHIP. I'd definitely try and trade off some of your speed for a better closer. If I had to choose, I'd pick Pods just because you have a couple of guys on the bench who can easily fill in for him without a huge dropoff offensively. Figgins, Rollins, A-Rod and Bay should provide more than enough SB to get the job done.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team