MLB.com TV - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MLB.com TV

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 pm

dyuen87 wrote:I think it's $80 for the entire season. Does anyone know how fast the games are loaded onto the website after they finish? Since Yankees/Mets games are blacked out, I was thinking about just watching another game, then flipping to that one when it's done. :-o

The website says 5 minutes I think. I don't know if they are on top of that and get them up that fast.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:08 pm

Hmmm I think I'll find someone in SC to buy my subscription. That way I can watch all games ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:Hmmm I think I'll find someone in SC to buy my subscription. That way I can watch all games ;-D

do you know what kinda info they ask for?
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:43 pm

dyuen87 wrote:I think it's $80 for the entire season. Does anyone know how fast the games are loaded onto the website after they finish? Since Yankees/Mets games are blacked out, I was thinking about just watching another game, then flipping to that one when it's done. :-o

i think it averaged a couple hours last year.

i think its worth it. for some reason i was getting better quality using real player instead of windows media, although personally i hate both of them.

last year you could login in two times at the same time so you can watch more than one game at the same time or you could split it with someone else. not sure if they are going to change that this year.

I heard about the blackouts last year, but what's the purpose of blacking out someone in the area from a team? I'm not sure I get why they do it.

local channels, for example fox sports midwest, pay for the exlclusive right to the live broadcast. if mlb.tv didnt black out local teams it would violate the agreement.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:47 am

dyuen87 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Hmmm I think I'll find someone in SC to buy my subscription. That way I can watch all games ;-D

Basic stuff. Name of the card holder, billing address, etc.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:59 am

bronxxbomber wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:

Basic stuff. Name of the card holder, billing address, etc.

I'm hoping you or anyone can answer this for me. I don't mind telling them my billing address in Phoenix. I live here and nobody else will when I go home for the summer, however, my CC is attached with a SoCal address.

Will I be forced to use my SoCal address because it will need to match my CC for verification reasons?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:09 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:I heard about the blackouts last year, but what's the purpose of blacking out someone in the area from a team? I'm not sure I get why they do it.

I think they blackout local areas to try and get people to go out to the park. I'm pretty sure that Steinbrenner blacks out Yankees games for NY if they're not sold out.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. StrangeGlove » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:15 am

I enjoyed it last season bit I think I will go with the audio this year to listen to at work. If you do end up purchasing it, make sure you cancel it at the end of the season or they keep billing you for the playoffs and the archived games in the winter.
Dr. StrangeGlove
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:45 am

Wait...the blackouts go by which area code I use for my credit card?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:49 am

AFAIK yes it is based on the zip code of the billing address which will be the address associated with your credit card.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk