Greinke mystery - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Greinke mystery

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Greinke mystery

Postby Nat Uralice » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:23 pm

Now his disappearance from camp will probably cost him his rotation spot. I didn't really expect anything but he has been mentioned on sleeper lists here and there. Does anyone have any clue as to why he left? Now I'm just damn curious, considering they said it didn't relate to any violation of rules or a death in the family or something.
Can't worry about tomorrow's pain tonight.
Nat Uralice
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:29 pm

Rototimes...
Zack Greinke (P) KC left the Royals yesterday to tend to what manager Buddy Bell said were "personal matters." Although details of why he went home were not divulged, sources declined to characterize the situation as a "family matter," which suggests that it directly concerns Greinke and not a family member, according to the KC Star. Bell did say it was not a disciplinary issue, a legal difficulty or a physical injury that would prevent him from pitching. It appears Greinke will be away from the team for an extended period.

I think he comes back very soon. It is far to early for this to effect his place in the rotation. He'll for sure make it, no question. Pitchers haven;t even pitched off the mound yet.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 119)

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:30 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Rototimes...
Zack Greinke (P) KC left the Royals yesterday to tend to what manager Buddy Bell said were "personal matters." Although details of why he went home were not divulged, sources declined to characterize the situation as a "family matter," which suggests that it directly concerns Greinke and not a family member, according to the KC Star. Bell did say it was not a disciplinary issue, a legal difficulty or a physical injury that would prevent him from pitching. It appears Greinke will be away from the team for an extended period.

I think he comes back very soon. It is far to early for this to effect his place in the rotation. He'll for sure make it, no question. Pitchers haven;t even pitched off the mound yet.
Beat me to it
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nat Uralice » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 pm

Rotoworld:

Royals manager Buddy Bell said today that Zack Greinke probably won't be in the rotation at the start of the season after leaving camp over the weekend.
"We're going about it, quite frankly, that Zack is not going to be here in time to get ready for the rotation," Bell said. "We pretty much are preparing for the worst right now. That could change. I don't think it will."

He sounds pretty sure of himself, regardless how early it may be.
Can't worry about tomorrow's pain tonight.
Nat Uralice
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:37 pm

hmmm, I still think Grienke will be fine. Royals aren't deep enough to be pickers. I would think that they'e blowing it out of proportion, don't know why though. But and press is good press, right? :-?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby perlick29 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:39 pm

This has me concerned. I am such a big fan of his and still hink he has what it takes to be an ace someday. I think there's more here than is being led on.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Broncmet724 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:01 pm

If KC doesn't ruin the poor guy. Can you imagine hoping to play baseball all your life, adn you get drafted by the Royals? Bleh!
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:If KC doesn't ruin the poor guy. Can you imagine hoping to play baseball all your life, adn you get drafted by the Royals? Bleh!

I won't ruin the lad. O:-) :-B

This could be nothing, but it does sound a little strange this whole story. Hopefully Greinke comes back soon and put up some solid numbers this season. :-o I believe!!!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:44 pm

Rotoworld...
Sources told the Kansas City Star that Zack Greinke left the team to deal with ongoing emotional issues.
The Royals still aren't going into details. "I’m just not going to comment on that," GM Allard Baird said. "Zack Greinke is dealing with a personal matter. I don’t think it’s fair to the player to comment beyond that, and I don’t think it’s fair to the family." Baird has said that "no timetable" exists for Greinke’s return, and club officials are already bracing for a prolonged absence. Mar. 1 - 1:51 pm et
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Phatferd » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:47 pm

Sounds like someone needs some Wellbutrin.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers