Soriano to Red Sox?!?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Soriano to Red Sox?!?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano to Red Sox?!?!?

Postby footballsimp » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:34 pm

Soriano to Red sox? barely heard something about it on ESPN radio. This is purly speculation. I think insider has something on it but I dont have that. ANyone know anything?
footballsimp
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:43 pm

yup.... the nationals inquired about the availability of papelbon and the red sox shot them down. the nationals dont want to take on the contract of clement, who the red sox countered with. the only way this would go through would maybe be arroyo which would be interesting considering he just resigned with them based on them not trading him.

soriano in washington is getting ugly as he is continuing to refuse to move to LF. unless vidro isnt healthy im not really sure whats going to happen with soriano.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wags6817 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:34 pm

The Nationals were stupid for picking him up in the first place. He will play someplace else next year and the Nationals will get nothing. :-t
wags6817
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 pm

Snakes Gould wrote: the only way this would go through would maybe be arroyo which would be interesting considering he just resigned with them based on them not trading him.

I hadn't heard that he was resigned based on them not trading him. In fact, all the talk when the resigning was done was that this made it more likely he would get traded because he accepted so little, and thus his contract would be reasonably cheap.

As a Red Sox fan, I just hope they don't trade Papelbon. One year of Soriano is not worth losing Papelbon for. That kids going to be a star!

I wouldn't mind seeing Arroyo go for him though. I think Arroyo isn't going to get much better. He is too focused on the music, and not on baseball. If he goes, that would mean I'd never have to listen to him sing that song "I love that dirty water" again. That alone would make it worth it! lol.

It sounds like Washington is desperate, which could be a good sign... on the other hand, if the RedSox can afford him, the Yankees must be thinking about bringing him back too. That would be a Red Sox fan's nightmare! This could make the Red Sox desperate to get him.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wags6817 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:48 pm

If the Red Sox do get him, they need to sign him up right away. the only problem with him is he really is not a good defensive second baseman. And as we all learned in 2004 defense does win championships. ;-D
wags6817
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Corgasm » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:40 am

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox actively pursuing Soriano. His offensive production would help greatly.
Corgasm
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby hoopitup21212 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:15 pm

Corgasm wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox actively pursuing Soriano. His offensive production would help greatly.

I would be a bonus ;-D
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates