Need to fill some gaps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need to fill some gaps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need to fill some gaps

Postby maverick6595 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:57 pm

5x5, 12 team, H2H
I've got some gaps in the IF and for sure in my closers...what positions should I look to move?

R-HR-RBI-SB-AVG
C V. Martínez
1B A. Dunn
2B R. Freel
3B H. Blalock
SS R. Furcal
OF M. Ramírez
OF H. Matsui
OF B. Giles
Util R. Winn
BN N. Swisher
BN C. Barmes

W SV K ERA WHIP
SP C. Carpenter
SP C. Lee
RP D. Báez
RP S. Shields
P N. Lowry
P J. Contreras
P J. Bonderman
BN E. Loaiza
BN G. Chacín
BN B. McCarthy

Top FA's:
J. Lane
J. Morneau
P. Fielder
B. Clark
L. Castillo
K. Lofton
A. Kearns

Leave link, will help ;-D
Tribe time is the right time.
-Chief Wahoo
maverick6595
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 30 Stones » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:20 pm

Right off the bat it looks like you're trying to punt the saves category. Could be risky, but might work out for you. Baez and Shields won't get any save opps unless KRod and Gagne go down. I'd try to get at least one or two guys that will for sure get the save chances on their respective teams. Guys like Chris Ray and Chad Orvella might still be available on your free agency wire. Might not put you at the top, but some saves are better than no saves. you still get a few points even if you're 9th in a 12 team league. McCarthy is a pick I've thought about myself. The upside is definitely there if he can crack the rotation, definitely a sleeper candidate for this year. Carpenter and Lee should anchor down your rotation, Carpenter has been ever steady the last couple years, and Lee is pitching in a contract year and is just entering his prime. I'd watch Fielder this Spring training and snatch him up if you can make room, he could have a season similar to what Ryan Howard did last year, which isn't bad at all for a free agency pick up.
30 Stones
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby blackmarketbaby » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Try to obtain as many closers as possible. Giles and Winn are overrated and eliminate your depth on your benches. Finding a new 2B can wait...
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby denny_32 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:31 pm

I'll agree with what 30 Stones said. You should definately think about getting at least one closer that will get you a decent amount of saves. Your SP seems to be very solid and should produce well for you.

As for your IF, I don't see too much of a problem there. Dunn will give you plenty of power, but no average. Freel should help that average and get you some solid SBs. Blalock is a find 3B that will contribute in all cats other than SBs. Furcal will hurt your average, but get you a lot of steals. Your OF isn't that bad either. Matsui and Ramirez will anchor that for you, and Giles will be productive, but not great.
[size=9][b]Member #007 of the [url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116750&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0]Yadier Molina Fan Club.[/url][/b][/size]
denny_32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WyldStallyn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:17 pm

i like your offense, freel and furcal will give you a good number of steals, and a good amount of power anchored by manny and dunn. you should be able to find some closers on the wire. keep an eye out for orvella or devine or even bowyer, depending on who wins the closer job where. i dont trust loaiza this season, but am looking for lowry to have a big year. [/url]
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WyldStallyn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:18 pm

i like your offense, freel and furcal will give you a good number of steals, and a good amount of power anchored by manny and dunn. you should be able to find some closers on the wire. keep an eye out for orvella or devine or even bowyer, depending on who wins the closer job where. i dont trust loaiza this season, but am looking for lowry to have a big year.
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby KrazyA428 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:29 pm

you are set on offense for now, good spread of power in speed throughout. really like the OF you have...swisher should be a decent 4th. idk if freel is starting though...

Right now your pitching is pretty solid except for closers as you said...id try to pick up another solid starter such as the freddy garcia type
KrazyA428
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby beatlehead84 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:44 am

In a H2H league you either have to get rid of Freel and Winn or find other stolen base guys to help them out. You're not going to win it with only them and a little bit here and there. I'd pick up Castillo in place of Freel and drop Winn for either Morneau or Fielder. If you aren't willing to give up on steals, wait it out a couple weeks into the season and see if you can grab an unexpected off the waiver wire that gives you somebody to win the category more than once in awhile.
beatlehead84
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team