Are these pujols trades vetoable? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are these pujols trades vetoable?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:14 pm

Unless he is actually Albert Pujols posting from the hospital, I'd say his reasons suck. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:16 pm

I would have vetoed and not thought twice about it. I am not one for this caveat emptor, as long as some BS spin can be made to justify it, it should be allowed. A first rounder was being dealt and the closest thing to a first rounder being sent back was Reyes, a 3rd or 4th rounder.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Jury » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:17 pm

Sorry your usage of "you," "he," and "I" has me all confused :-/
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fenway05 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Unless he is actually Albert Pujols posting from the hospital, I'd say his reasons suck. :-D

I agree, I hate guy like this. They just waste your time and fill up your e-mail with this crap!
"When you come to a fork in the road take it."
Fenway05
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Not vetoable. Maybe he thinks Huff is going to put up similar numbers to 2003 (.311, 34 hr, 107 rbi). You have to let people manage their teams how they see fit and follow their hunches. Someone may have vastly different projections for this season than you have, and they should be allowed to act on them.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:35 pm

I would demand explanation since the trades look highly suspect. If he has his reasons, he should be very able to share them. If he's starving for SBs, i can't veto the trade.
Last edited by RugbyD on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:56 pm

RugbyD wrote:I would demand explanation since the trades look highly suspect. If he has his reasons, we should be very able to share them. If he's starving for SBs, i can't veto the trade.

Oh sure you can. This is not August and he is not fighting for a title.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Matthias » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:10 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I would have vetoed and not thought twice about it. I am not one for this caveat emptor, as long as some BS spin can be made to justify it, it should be allowed. A first rounder was being dealt and the closest thing to a first rounder being sent back was Reyes, a 3rd or 4th rounder.

bingo. i am a bit more willing to veto things, but don't think this is really a defensible trade. if people want, we can have another ad nauseum argument on the morality of vetoing absent a concurrent email to the league, "psstttt... we're doing this trade because we agreed that player A has no chance in this league and player B agreed to buy pizza for the rest of the week as long as player A does the deal" but any defense of the trade on its merits or balanced current market value is going to be really, really, really reaching.

regardless of a person's individual speculations/fantasies on how a particular player may perform, there is still relatively established market values that dictate that they could get the player they insanely covet and more, as well.

tell the player who is trying to fire-sale pujols to walk out onto a frozen lake, bore himself a hole, and then jump in. maybe that will shock him into some sense.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:34 pm

Hammy?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert