Aaron Hill - top 10 2nd baseman for 06? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aaron Hill - top 10 2nd baseman for 06?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aaron Hill - top 10 2nd baseman for 06?

Postby kemper5 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:41 pm

Could this guy be the 12-15 HR, 75-80 RBI, .280 type hitter many fantasy websites and publications are predicting this year? Those are very solid top 10 type #'s at 2nd base.. Does he have this potential?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:09 pm

He definitely will continue to develop into a hitter that will put up 14-75-.280+ from the 2B position, and I don't see a reason for it not to happen this year.

He's an average to minus defender, but he does have a stick and good plate discipline. He's built solid, but he's not really a HR hitter as much as he's a line-drive/gap hitter who drives the ball to all fields. I think he'll produce from this season on. He looks very comfortable at the plate and he can hit Major League pitching.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lime » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:56 pm

The Jury wrote:He's an average to minus defender

Sorry, but Hill is easily an above average fielder. It's just too bad he's forced to 2B because with his great arm he's best suited for 3B. He still has the skillset to be an above average defender at second though.

Call me Optimistic Charlie but Hill will be the AL's version of Marcus Giles in short time.
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:04 pm

Ah, those stats are a tad bit optimistic for Hill this year. I've been to plenty of games where he played though and let me tell you the kid has a fine swing and knows how to bat.

Give him this year or the next and he'll shock a lot of people.

He just needs to develope more power.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dewey finn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:36 pm

The next Edgar Martinez?
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:49 pm

Hill had one ugly second half after playing so well when get got called up.

I think the 12-15 HR, 75-80 RBI won't happen this year, but yes, I still think it could happen someday. I don't think we can rank him in the top 10 at 2B this year, but he is a decent sleeper in deeper leagues. He doesn't steal bases, he doesn't have a whole lot of power, so his value comes pretty much from him maintaning a good AVG and knocking in some runs. If he hits anywhere near what he was hitting in the first two months after being called up last year, he'll have a pretty good year.
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Return to Baseball Leftovers