It's just a rumor.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

It's just a rumor....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:39 pm

dannahann wrote:
Caveman_Nick wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Why not have Soriano play SS? Gonzalez isn't much better than a backup anyway and you could bring him in as a defensive replacement for Soriano late in the game.

Supposedly Soriano'e natural position is SS and his defense is supposed to be much better there. He just wasn;t getting the shot behind Jeter or Young...

As I recall Soriano turned down SS when he was traded to Texas and Young was the one who stepped up and accepted the move. I may be mistaken tho?

Soriano was AWFUL at SS in the minors. They tried him at 3b and he was even WORSE there. He can't play 2b well, what makes you think he would be better at SS? 2b is the easist of the 3 positions to play.

He belongs in LF where he can do the least damage and make use of his speed more. He wll never play there because as an OF, his paycheck would be affected negatively, and that is all that Soriano is concerned with.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:40 pm

Sounds like Yankee fans are scared of this deal.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zito is God » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:28 pm

DGroundhog wrote:Sounds like Yankee fans are scared of this deal.

Depending on what the deal is. If it was Soriano for Arroyo I would rant for a while. I would welcome Soriano for Manny with arms wide open :).

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Matthias » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:06 pm

Well, who knows what is true in the realm of rumor and innuendo, but the Boston Globe is reporting the rumor as, "completely untrue."

Not buying it
A team source categorized as ''completely untrue" a report out of Washington indicating that the Nationals had offered second baseman Alfonso Soriano to Boston.

The same report indicated that the Nationals, in need of starting pitching, might look to deal for Bronson Arroyo or Matt Clement. Washington's most tradeable position players, according to the paper, are first baseman Nick Johnson and outfielder Ryan Church.

Arroyo, though, doesn't envision the Sox dealing him for a position player.

''Anything can happen, but I don't find it as being that valid," said Arroyo, signed this offseason to a three-year, $11.25 million deal. ''What's the worst-case scenario? We have seven [starters], right? Well, if I still think I'm one of the 12 best guys, I can still be on the club and pitch.

''Defensively, I don't think we need anybody else. [Unless] they want to go get somebody for me that's an unbelievable arm out of the pen, I don't see any other reason to make any other moves."
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:07 pm

DGroundhog wrote:Sounds like Yankee fans are scared of this deal.

WHy Soriano is a choke job
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers