Why the love for Tejada?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mugwump » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:38 pm

mtarail wrote:
Iconoclastic wrote:
Old_Style wrote:some of us just can't get forget about the past

some of us just can't remember past one year ago

Bingo!!

Double BINGO! I was thinking the same exact thing. Too often people jump all over someone after one great year. Oliver Perez is a great example of someone from last year. Ryan Howard comes to mind for this year. (Howard will be good, but not as good as everyone wants him to be this year!)
I was in Los Angeles, and the team was playing in San Diego, but I didn't know it. I had taken LSD at noon. I thought it was an off-day. At 1pm, my girlfriend and trip partner looked at the paper and said, "Dock, you're pitching today!"
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why the love for Tejada?

Postby WittyC » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:25 am

kemper5 wrote:Cool, you guys take the declining, overrated, career years past Tejada (I think) with absolutely no protection on a rebuilding 4th place team and I'll take the spark plug, MVP in his future Michael Young in one of the best lineups who will contend for the AL west crown ;-D

Yet again, Tejada is less than five months older than Young. You can't say Tejada is declining one year removed from his best of his career.

It's really quite simple, Young will be more valuable than Tejada in '06 if he can repeat his .330 batting average. But considering that his BABIP was .356, I'd be very surprised if it happened.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikekim2121 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:52 am

I think most expect Tejada to do better than last year.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Laean » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:33 am

i actually think tejada is overrated as well. i'm not getting into whether he's better than michael young or rollins or whatever, but in general, i think he's a little overrated. actually, i think michael young himself is a little overrated as well. i mean, in the 1st/2nd rounds, i'd much rather have a guaranteed 40-45 120-140 (1st round) / 35-40 110-130 (2nd round) 1B/3B/OF than a 30-35 100-120 SS. in the early rounds it's all about taking the best player available, not about position eligibility.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers