Greinke.....what a mess. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

Greinke.....what a mess.

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

Greinke.....what a mess.

Postby ondeckb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:41 am

Hey all....what do you make of Greinke leaving camp? I saw part of an interview with Karen Kornacke where he said stuff like baseball isn't fun any more, he can't find his pitches anymore and he thinks he never should listen to a pitching coach....ugh. Talent aside, this kid is really immature and was rushed to the bigs wayyy too early. What's ur take?
"Ninety feet between bases is the closest man has ever come to perfection"
ondeckb
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kev921 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:17 am

I believe that both the Royals & Grienke are both at fault. But Mostly, the Royals rushed this guy to KC far too early. I feel like that there are far too few "kids" can handle the pressure of the big leagues that quickly. If that were false, why have the minor leagues at all? Some guys just need a little extra "seasoning" before they should be allowed to be promoted. The Royals were too greedy and promoted him too quickly.

I don't know Grienke, but there has to be some blame fall on him too. Most of us cannot understand what it is like to be perfect and then have failure.
Some people take smoke breaks. I choose to take fantasy baseball breaks!
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:45 pm

kev921 wrote:I believe that both the Royals & Grienke are both at fault. But Mostly, the Royals rushed this guy to KC far too early. I feel like that there are far too few "kids" can handle the pressure of the big leagues that quickly. If that were false, why have the minor leagues at all? Some guys just need a little extra "seasoning" before they should be allowed to be promoted. The Royals were too greedy and promoted him too quickly.

I don't know Grienke, but there has to be some blame fall on him too. Most of us cannot understand what it is like to be perfect and then have failure.

If this was simply Grienke I could write it off as him being a quirky individual who always seemed to be in his own world. But this is something that is becoming way too common with the organization. Players not reaching their potential and falling off the face of the earth has simply become the way of life around the Royals.

No doubt about it, Grienke is one of the largest failures in baseball over the recent past. He was an absolute can't miss prospect who may now never even reach the 350 innings plateau. This is a guy who had the same type of ace potential as Felix Hernandez, yet there are now reports floating around that he may never play in the majors again.

Dan Reichart
Jeff Austin
Kyle Snyder
Mike Stodolka
Colt Griffin
Zach Greinke

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Re: Greinke.....what a mess.

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:34 pm

ondeckb wrote:Hey all....what do you make of Greinke leaving camp? I saw part of an interview with Karen Kornacke where he said stuff like baseball isn't fun any more, he can't find his pitches anymore and he thinks he never should listen to a pitching coach....ugh. Talent aside, this kid is really immature and was rushed to the bigs wayyy too early. What's ur take?

considering our history with Pitchers. I'd say that's a very good idea :-°
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Kansas City Royals