larry walker why does he sit out once or twice a week?Gambi? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

larry walker why does he sit out once or twice a week?Gambi?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

larry walker why does he sit out once or twice a week?Gambi?

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:41 pm

i know he has a history of beeing hurt and all but is there any way for me to be able to tell if he is goign to sit out or not so i can start soem one eles over him? and is gimbi going to get hto soon and start to hit or should i trade him? thanks for the help

greg

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed Apr 17, 2002 6:52 pm

Good question. Walker complained about a sore elbow yesterday - with anybody else, this wouldn't really be worth worrying about, but with Walker, every health-related issue is worth following. I doubt this is anything terribly serious, but it bears watching.

Usually, a club won't announce whether a player will get a day off until an hour or so before the game (there are exceptions, of course). If you can make late lineup changes, go to a site such as yahoo sports, click on the game your player is in, and check the starters (which will be available anywhere from an hour to twenty minutes before game time). This won't help with truly last-minute scratches, but would let you filter out Walker's off days.

Giambi is hard to figure out. I think he'll heat up soon, but you can't overlook the fact that he always put up better stats in Oakland than on the road. give him a bit of time to adjust - he'll be fine.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Giambi

Postby cwebb » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:45 am

Giambi had a nice game yesterday! I think he already found his rhythm and is gonna put up monster stats again.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:27 am

Just heard that Walker has sprained tendons/ligaments in his elbow. The Rockies are saying he'll be back in a day or too, but keep following this.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Walker

Postby cwebb » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:59 pm

Walker is always intriguing because he puts up great stats when healthy.

If you want to win and keep yourself from having a heart attack, trade him while he's hot and while you can! He can be a major help for teams battling for position but if you want to win a championship he's only going to waste your time and nerves!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby leftfield8 » Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:08 pm

Walker can drive you nuts as a fantasy owner. I had him AND Juan Gonzoles last year. Between the 2 of them starting games and leaving, I thought I was going to lose it! Walker is a dream to have when he plays, but he sits and you never get time to react. Maybe a good option to trade if you can get a solid outfielder in return. Someone that you know will be in the lineup each day.
leftfield8
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers