Percival calls it quits - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Percival calls it quits

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Percival calls it quits

Postby moochman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:38 am

According to Rotowire:
Update: Percival (elbow) announced Sunday that he's ending his comeback attempt and said he has "probably" thrown his last pitch, the Tigers' team site reports.

Recommendation: "I've been fighting it all spring," Percival said. "I thought I could give this organization an opportunity to make a decision. I tried to go back to the arm angle I'm accustomed to, and it's just not there. There's a lot of pain. Right now, I can't help this club, physically. Mentally and with my heart, I think I can, but I have to be realistic and say there's no way, physically, I can go out and help this club right now." Percival didn't yet make his retirement official, saying that he wants to see if his arm feels any better in a couple of weeks

Well that didn't take very long. Sure makes me feel a bit more uneasy with our newest high paid kids: Jones and Rogers. 8-o

At least Troy still have enough left in the shoulder to sign his checks. Thanks for coming out, see ya, bah-bye.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:09 pm

He had a good career, but this was probably the best for both sides. The Tigers will get a good portion of his salary covered in insurance, and Percival was probably going to be ineffective anyways. It was obvious that Percival was probably a bad gamble to begin with, but that's the good thing about short term deals. They're done before you know it.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Detroit Tigers