Computer Question - One More Question.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Computer Question - One More Question..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Computer Question - One More Question..

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:26 pm

I am downloading Anchorman because I wanted to get it to a DVD, but I just realized I am 60% done with it on my laptop which doesn't have a DVD-burning drive available. My question is that is their an easy way to get the movie file on my other computer which is hooked up on the same network so I can burn it to a DVD with Nero??
Last edited by LooseCannon on Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby suppasonic » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:40 pm

Do you have a flash/portable memory drive? The little things you stick in your USB port to transfer files in bewteen computers? If you dont have one, Im sure you can borrow your friends. It would take a good 2 minutes.

EDIT: If its hooked up on the same network, then do this.

Open up my computer. (Window key + E). Then click "My Network Places" Find the computer on the network on the list you want to move the file to. Open up another my computer window. Find Anchorman. Click and Drag it into the folder you found earlier. Go to the computer with Nero on it, and bam, it should be where you placed it.
Last edited by suppasonic on Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1321
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Over thurr.

Postby Rirruto » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 pm

Just share the folder it's located in on your home network. Right click on the folder, click on Sharing and Security, and then check off the box next to "Share this folder on the network".
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby BGbootha » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:21 pm

suppasonic wrote:Open up my computer. (Window key + E). Then click "My Network Places" Find the computer on the network on the list you want to move the file to. Open up another my computer window. Find Anchorman. Click and Drag it into the folder you found earlier. Go to the computer with Nero on it, and bam, it should be where you placed it.



This should work just fine as long as they are on the same network ;-D
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2825
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Grading papers

Postby Phatferd » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:54 pm

BGbootha wrote:
suppasonic wrote:Open up my computer. (Window key + E). Then click "My Network Places" Find the computer on the network on the list you want to move the file to. Open up another my computer window. Find Anchorman. Click and Drag it into the folder you found earlier. Go to the computer with Nero on it, and bam, it should be where you placed it.



This should work just fine as long as they are on the same network ;-D


If they aren't on the same network then its really easy to set them up to be on the same.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:51 pm

Thanks, so very much... ;-D ;-D

There's three people in this world, people who spend a lot of time on their computer and know a lot about computers, people who spend no time on their computer and know nothing, and then there's me. People who spend a lot of time on their comp and don't know jack.

Edit: Can you bare with me for another second...

So I thought I had it, but whenever I click on My desktop's name ____-family and it says "____-family is not accessible. YOu might not have permission to access this network resource.. Contact the administrator...

Netowrk path not found..

Any help? Yes, I am an idiot.
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby acsguitar » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Start RUn

Type in CONF

This opens up netmeeting...call your other pc's ip address then transfer it
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:Start RUn

Type in CONF

This opens up netmeeting...call your other pc's ip address then transfer it


It says they aren't allowed to receive a call....
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Postby suppasonic » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:33 am

If you dont want to deal with the transfer through a network, just use/borrow a flash drive.

Also, depending on the size of the file and your email carrier, you might be able to send it to yourself through an attachment.
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 1321
Joined: 8 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Over thurr.

Postby Phatferd » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:50 am

suppasonic wrote:If you dont want to deal with the transfer through a network, just use/borrow a flash drive.

Also, depending on the size of the file and your email carrier, you might be able to send it to yourself through an attachment.


How do you expect him to transfer a DVD using a flash drive? DVDs are like 9GB before they are shrunk and 5 after...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact