Troy Tulowitzki - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Troy Tulowitzki

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Troy Tulowitzki

Postby brandnew » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:01 am

What're your guys's thoughts on him? Any Rockies fans have any input? Upside, potential numbers, etc.?
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:31 am

I think we are looking at 2007 until he plays, and probably 2008 before he makes a huge impact. He could come up when the rosters expand this year, depends on his progress in the minors.

I can't say I know a ton about him, but they say his potential is very high, and he is a possibly 5 category player.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Troy Tulowitzki

Postby El Gaupo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:44 am

brandnew wrote:What're your guys's thoughts on him? Any Rockies fans have any input? Upside, potential numbers, etc.?

Only from the write ups in BA. They compare him to Bobby Crosby, but claim he is more polished and advanced as a hitter coming out of college. He will play in Coors and has no real competetion ahead of him. Brames will be moved to make room for him. Tulowitzki, Stewart and Holiday things are looking good down the rd for Col.
El Gaupo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:55 pm

Not much not too like about him. Good defense at SS, good power (especially for a SS), and fantasy-wise, a future playing at Coors Field. I'm not too sure if he'll be stealing very many bases, though.

His pro debut was decent in A ball, but it was a short sample size and nothing really stood out a ton, so it'll be great to see what he can do over a full year since he's supposedly a pretty polished player who isn't too far from MLB ready.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thedude » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:22 pm

In a recent BA chat Jim Callis predicted 20-25 homers and a good average. He said he thinks he will be better than crosby. For me to personally form an opion i will have to see how he does in his first full season. The Rockies have Nelson and Barnes ahead of him, but they are expected to move to make rook for him. The rockies have a lot of good young hitters.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby hybrid » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:35 pm

thedude wrote:In a recent BA chat Jim Callis predicted 20-25 homers and a good average. He said he thinks he will be better than crosby. For me to personally form an opion i will have to see how he does in his first full season. The Rockies have Nelson and Barnes ahead of him, but they are expected to move to make rook for him. The rockies have a lot of good young hitters.

Nelson is behind him actually and is likely to move to 2B or CF, as long as Tulo works out. The consensous on Tulo (that has already been said) is basically Crosby, but at Coors which is pretty good.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby brandnew » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:33 pm

So we're looking at potentially .300/.370 20-25 HR's at Coors? Or does he have better plate discipline?
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DWright5 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:46 pm

the 20-25 hr that Callis said was what he would do if he "played in a normal ballpark" but the thing is, he doesnt and he will be a 30-40 hr player in his prime playin in coors
DWright5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dumb Meat Head » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:09 am

Anyone know anything about his plate discipline? didn't look too good in a shorten season so the crosby comparisons might be a little off.
Dumb Meat Head
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sockeye » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:19 pm

There's nothing about his numbers that are really jumping out at first glance. An .800 OPS in A-ball after playing collegiately doesn't scream "can't miss" to me.

Or does Modesto (his A-ball club) tend to deflate numbers?

Or is there something else I am missing?
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball