100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Winter Olympics

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:22 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Eh, whatever... Ohno won fair and square.

Actually, that seems to be debatable too. :-b

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/o ... index.html

Though if he really did make a false start, I don't see why the judges wouldn't have called him out on it.

I watched the race... the only reason they're bring this up is because there was some controversy over his medal wils in Salt Lake City. The start was clearly fair.

As did I, he did seem to lean forward a bit before the start but if it really was agaisnt the rules, they likely would have called him on it.

Well, I did see it as a false start on the replay, but it's a moot point. What the umps don't call...

Definitely a fun sport to watch, especially when things go haywire!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:45 pm

Arlo wrote:Well, I did see it as a false start on the replay, but it's a moot point. What the umps don't call...

Very fun sport to watch. I guess my question would be did the replay show that he actually jumped early, or just that he got a much better start than anyone else? One of the things that would show up in swimming back in the day was that someone could have just a perfect start, and it would be so much faster than anyone else's that it looked like the guy had to have left early. Now it's all sensors and computers so you can tell the difference between early and perfect.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:49 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Arlo wrote:Well, I did see it as a false start on the replay, but it's a moot point. What the umps don't call...

Very fun sport to watch. I guess my question would be did the replay show that he actually jumped early, or just that he got a much better start than anyone else? One of the things that would show up in swimming back in the day was that someone could have just a perfect start, and it would be so much faster than anyone else's that it looked like the guy had to have left early. Now it's all sensors and computers so you can tell the difference between early and perfect.

I don't know if the controversy is so much whether or not it was a false start; I think that when they say "ready" the racers aren't supposed to move, and Ohno seems to have leaned forward. I don't know if it's worth making a stink over though; if he left early, he left early... if not, who cares?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk