Winter Olympics - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Winter Olympics

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby luckygehrig » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:51 am

I just wanted to say thanks for ruining tonights Olympics for me too. :-[ J/K. Pacific time sucks sometimes. Also, I'm really glad that Bode didn't win anything. I seriously hate that guy. I don't even really have a legitimate reason. He's just one of those guys that I dislike without really knowing anything about him. I thought it was hilarious tonight though. About 10 minutes ago one of those joinbode.com commercials comes on and it's him talking about how winning medals doesn't equal greatness. What a hack.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:06 am

luckygehrig wrote:I just wanted to say thanks for ruining tonights Olympics for me too. :-[ J/K. Pacific time sucks sometimes. Also, I'm really glad that Bode didn't win anything. I seriously hate that guy. I don't even really have a legitimate reason. He's just one of those guys that I dislike without really knowing anything about him. I thought it was hilarious tonight though. About 10 minutes ago one of those joinbode.com commercials comes on and it's him talking about how winning medals doesn't equal greatness. What a hack.

You know, if you're really concerned about seeing the outcome of the winter olympic events yourseves, you'd probably be better served not clicking on topics called "Winter Olympics."
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:52 am

Ohno should thank the Canadians, without them in between Ahn and himself, he probably would have lost that race.

After the entire 2 weeks, 24 medals is a pretty good outcome for Canada. Hopefully they can win the medal standings when the games come to Vancouver in 2010.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby luckygehrig » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:55 am

Coppermine wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I just wanted to say thanks for ruining tonights Olympics for me too. :-[ J/K. Pacific time sucks sometimes. Also, I'm really glad that Bode didn't win anything. I seriously hate that guy. I don't even really have a legitimate reason. He's just one of those guys that I dislike without really knowing anything about him. I thought it was hilarious tonight though. About 10 minutes ago one of those joinbode.com commercials comes on and it's him talking about how winning medals doesn't equal greatness. What a hack.

You know, if you're really concerned about seeing the outcome of the winter olympic events yourseves, you'd probably be better served not clicking on topics called "Winter Olympics."

Eh. It could have been about anything. And it kind of was.
Last edited by luckygehrig on Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:00 am

mweir145 wrote:Ohno should thank the Canadians, without them in between Ahn and himself, he probably would have lost that race.

Just saw this race. Thanks Canada. Ahn almost made a move there at the end but couldn't seem to get around the Canucks.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:02 am

da1chipo wrote:I now have a desire to go short track speed skating. That 500m and Relay right now was just awesome. Ohno's pass in the relay was so cool.

I have a newfound respect for some sports in the Olympics now, such as Curling, which I always thought to be really lame, but after watching it is pretty cool.

Alpine skiing which was always the best for me is no longer (except for the Men's Downhill); short track now takes the cake.

Yeah, short-track became my favourite Olympic sport (not named hockey) in 2002, after Marc Gagnon crushed the Koreans and Ohno in the 500m. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:08 am

Eh, whatever... Ohno won fair and square. Unlike "Team Bode" who sucks.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:20 am

Coppermine wrote:Eh, whatever... Ohno won fair and square.

Actually, that seems to be debatable too. :-b

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/o ... index.html

Though if he really did make a false start, I don't see why the judges wouldn't have called him out on it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:26 am

mweir145 wrote:

Though if he really did make a false start, I don't see why the judges wouldn't have called him out on it.

I watched the race... the only reason they're bring this up is because there was some controversy over his medal wils in Salt Lake City. The start was clearly fair.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mweir145 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:10 am

Coppermine wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

I watched the race... the only reason they're bring this up is because there was some controversy over his medal wils in Salt Lake City. The start was clearly fair.

As did I, he did seem to lean forward a bit before the start but if it really was agaisnt the rules, they likely would have called him on it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk