All I have to say is...

Biggest Dissapointment Hyped Up Loser: Bode Miller

My New Hero: Apolo Anton Ohno
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DevilDriver » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:13 am

Internationally, the biggest dissappointment has to be Canada in men's hockey. The talent they had was amazing - they had the best goalies, the best defensemen, and the best forwards out of all the teams....but they didn't even crack the top 4.

I'm also tired of hearing people say it was a dissapointment that Team USA did not get a medal. Slovakia, Czech Republic, Finland, Swedan, Russia, and Canada all had better players to begin with.
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:16 am

Hockey Shmockey, isn't it always an upset in the Winter Olympics in hockey?

Bode Miller is all over those Nike commercials and talking about how awesome he is and how he rules and that he skis drunk and stuff... whatever, Bode Miller sucks schlong.

Tonight I watched Apolo kick some Canadian butt in the speed skating short track AND relay.....

Go USA... too bad we suck compared to Sweden.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby da1chipo » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:17 am

I now have a desire to go short track speed skating. That 500m and Relay right now was just awesome. Ohno's pass in the relay was so cool.

I have a newfound respect for some sports in the Olympics now, such as Curling, which I always thought to be really lame, but after watching it is pretty cool.

Alpine skiing which was always the best for me is no longer (except for the Men's Downhill); short track now takes the cake.

P.S. Bode Miller is a bum.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:21 am

da1chipo wrote:I now have a desire to go short track speed skating. That 500m and Relay right now was just awesome. Ohno's pass in the relay was so cool.

I have a newfound respect for some sports in the Olympics now, such as Curling, which I always thought to be really lame, but after watching it is pretty cool.

Alpine skiing which was always the best for me is no longer (except for the Men's Downhill); short track now takes the cake.

P.S. Bode Miller is a bum.

Word... Apolo totally dominated... in his qualifying run he came from behind and qualified because China cheated and got disqualified (the only "athlete" who got disqualified more than any Chinese athlete in the olympics is Bode Miller). Then, wow, the key was to have a great start in the short track, something he hadn't done in any of the qualifying runs. Then in the relay, Apolo made speed skating like an art form.

Now I'm watching Tom Brokaw interview Bode Miller who's all like "oh, i don't care that I didn't win gold, who cares, I'm awesome, Nike's still giving me billions of dollars, why should i care if I win."

I HATE Bode Miller. Even Bob Costas is like "WTF?" He's a HUGE hypocrit and Bob Costas just called him out on it. Bode's all like "I don't care, I tried my best, blah, blah, blah, it's not about winning" yet he signed up for all those endorsement and that whole "Join Bode.com" campaign. He's the biggest dissapointment of these games. If he stepped up and actually won, I'd have a totally different outlook now... but Bode hyped himself up as the best skier on Earth prior to the games, signed all these endorsements and now he hasn't won SH**. So what does he say... "Uh, I don't care, I tried, but it's not about winning Gold." Jerk, yeah it is, when all these other USA athletes are winning gold and don't have a dime to show for it from Nike and Barilla pasta.

UGH!!!
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 am

I'd like to add something...

I'm part of those lunatics who believe that the national anthem should be changed. I think the Star Spangled Banner is annoying and a lousy tune as compared to other nations. Eve Oh Canada is more interesting to listen to. I think the national anthem should be America The Beautiful. This is blaspheme, considering I live so close to Frederick, MD, home of Francis Scott Key (not to mention the minor league baseball team Frederick Keys). But hear me out... all those O'ers and "for proud thy hoods" sound stupid to me. America the Beautiful is a great tune; short, simple, to the point and very American...

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

There are like 9 other verses, but that brings it right home. My favoirte national anthem though is England's "God Save the Queen" and how we totally stole the tune and changed it to "My Country Tis of Thee." I know there's a few Brit's on the FBC, so what's it to ya? I like our version better, even if it's grammatically silly.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby acsguitar » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:49 am

Coppermine wrote:All I have to say is...

You bastard I hate yoU! I'm still watching this!! DIE DIE DIE

j/k mostly
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:50 am

Canadian women own speed-skating.

Bode Miller was a bust. Didn't he hurt his ankle earlier on playing basketball or something?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby Coppermine » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:51 am

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:All I have to say is...

You bastard I hate yoU! I'm still watching this!! DIE DIE DIE

j/k mostly

Hey! There you are! It's your pick in our fantasy league, we've been waiting all day for you!!!

Plus, this is all prime time TV info... if you haven't seen it, you probably won't... unless you live in Mountain Time... oh wait, you do. Hahahahahhaahahhaa.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:56 am

Coppermine wrote:I'd like to add something...

I'm part of those lunatics who believe that the national anthem should be changed. I think the Star Spangled Banner is annoying and a lousy tune as compared to other nations. Eve Oh Canada is more interesting to listen to. I think the national anthem should be America The Beautiful. This is blaspheme, considering I live so close to Frederick, MD, home of Francis Scott Key (not to mention the minor league baseball team Frederick Keys). But hear me out... all those O'ers and "for proud thy hoods" sound stupid to me. America the Beautiful is a great tune; short, simple, to the point and very American...

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

There are like 9 other verses, but that brings it right home. My favoirte national anthem though is England's "God Save the Queen" and how we totally stole the tune and changed it to "My Country Tis of Thee." I know there's a few Brit's on the FBC, so what's it to ya? I like our version better, even if it's grammatically silly.

America the Beautiful is for steers and queers. The Star Spangled Banner recounts us giving the middle finger to the Brits...the second time. The third time was when we stole their national anthem, as you mentioned.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk