2006 Keeper League! Initial Year! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

2006 Keeper League! Initial Year!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2006 Keeper League! Initial Year!

Postby Punter5 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:43 pm

Hey Everyone! I am looking for 11 other managers to start a new MLB keeper league. My plan is for the usual roto AL/NL league. However, we can discuss the rules and regulations after the managers are set. I am more interested in finding 11 other active, knowledgeable, serious, yet fun managers. I already have myself and one other person who are going to join. We will use real full names of the MLB teams. I will be the Cleveland Indians. The other manager has yet to choose his. Also, I would like to make this a pay league. I think it makes it a lot more fun. The buy in for this league will be 75.00 per year. I would love and have no reason to see why we couldn’t get this league started this year and continue it for years. I would eventually like to have a website created to track the history of the league, etc. As of right now I am planning on running this through Yahoo Plus, but again this can be discussed later. I will pay for the entry into the league so we don’t have to worry about more fees. Plus also gives every manager stat tracker which is a very nice add-on. Please email and let me know if you’re interested and tell me a little about yourself and why you want to join the league. I look forward to hearing from you.

mailto:brane.2@osu.edu

Please read over my initial thoughts and ideas:

League Format
Owners
1.This keeper league will be comprised of ten (10) owners.
2.If an owner decides to leave the league, a substitute will be recruited immediately and must be approved to take over the abandoned team by a majority vote of the remaining nine owners.

Officers
1.There will be one (1) head commissioner, two (2) vice-commissioners, and one (1) secretary.

Should one of the officers decide to step down from their position, a replacement should be nominated and voted on by the league.

Should the league decide that an officer be replaced, a movement should be made, seconded, and voted on by the league. In the case of a tie, the three officers not in question will decide by vote.

Voting
1.Any changes to the league, whether it be a rule change, amendment, or addition or an owner or officer change, has to be approved by a majority vote of the ten owners.
2.Any tie vote (5-5) is brought to the three commissioners to vote. The secretary is not included in the tiebreak vote.

League Setup
1.The league will be run through a private Yahoo! fantasy baseball league.
2.The head commissioner is responsible for registering the league every year as soon as Yahoo! opens registration.
3.The league is a rotisserie league.
4.The statistics used for standings are:
a.Runs
b.Home runs
c.Runs batted in
d.Stolen bases
e.On-base percentage
f.Wins
g.Saves
h.Strikeouts
i.Earned run average
j.WHIP ratio

5.A team is comprised of twenty-eight (28) players and one (1) player on the DL.
6.The starting positions are:
a.Two (2) catchers
b.One (1) first-baseman
c.One (1) second-baseman
d.One (1) third-baseman
e.One (1) shortstop
f.One (1) corner infielder
g.One (1) middle infielder
h.Five (5) outfielders (not specific to RF, LF, or CF)
i.One (1) utility player (any position including DH)
j.Three starting pitchers
k.Two relief pitchers
l.Three pitchers (not specific to SP or RP)

The games/innings limitations are as follows:
a.162 games per single position (162 for 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, and Util.)
810 for all five outfielder positions
1,350 innings for all pitching positions total

Free agent pickups, trades, and waivers are all dictated by Yahoo!’s official guidelines.
9.There is no vetoing of trades.
10.The waiver period after a player is dropped is two (2) days.
11.The trade deadline is August 15th of each year.
12.Drafts are live and held online through Yahoo! The draft order is determined in reverse standings from the year before (Last place team drafts first (1st), ninth (9th) place drafts second (2nd), etc.).

II.Keeper guidelines
A.Each year after the inaugural year, a team may declare eight (8) players as keepers.

B.An owner may keep any amount of players up to eight (8) but does not have to keep exactly eight (8) players.

C.A player designated as a keeper will be drafted the following year in the same round he was drafted in the previous year.

1.Example: A player designated as a keeper was drafted in the fourth (4th) round. The next year, he is drafted in round four.
D.A player that was undrafted will be considered a round sixteen (16) keeper.

E.If multiple players are declared as keepers and they are from the same round, one must be moved to the next highest available round.

1.Example: An owner wants to keep players drafted in rounds 1, 2, 4, 4, 8, 9, 12, and 14. One of the fourth (4th) round keepers must be moved up to round three. Therefore, they would be drafted as 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 12, and 14.

F.If multiple players are declared as keepers and they are from the same round, the player moved up is the player who was originally drafted first in that year’s draft. If multiple players are declared as keepers and they were both undrafted, the player moved up is at the owner’s discretion.

1.Example: The same owner who wanted to keep the two (2) fourth (4th) round players must move one of them up to the third (3rd) round. If the two players were Chan Ho Park and Jose Vidro, according to our 2001 draft, Chan Ho Park would be moved up to the third (3rd) round because he was the thirty-sixth (36th) pick in the draft and Jose Vidro was fortieth (40th).

G.If multiple players are declared as keepers and they are from the same round and there is no available higher slot, one player must be dropped to the next available lower slot. This is done at the penalty of two rounds for each round dropped. The penalty rounds can be applied to one keeper or a combination of keepers.

1.Example: An owner wants to keep players drafted in rounds 1, 2, 3, 3, 6, 9, 15, and 19. One of the third (3rd) round players must be dropped. In accordance with the draft of that year, the keeper that was drafted first will remain in that round and the other will drop to the next available lower spot, which would be round four (4). Since he dropped one round, a penalty of two rounds is exercised. These two penalty rounds could be applied to a single keeper, or a combination of keepers.
H.If an owner declares a set of players as keepers, and due to the rules governing multiple players from the same round (available higher slots and penalty rounds for lowering them) cannot adjust accordingly, this set of players cannot be kept and must be altered.

1.Example: An owner wants to keep players drafted in rounds 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8. One of third (3rd) rounders must be lowered to round four with two penalty rounds. This leaves the owner with keepers in rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 with no keepers to be penalized two rounds. Therefore, this set of keepers is invalid and must be changed.

I.All of the above rules apply to keeping more than two players that were drafted in the same rounds.

1.Example: An owner wants to keep players drafted in rounds 3, 5, 16, 16, 18, 19, 23, and one player that was undrafted (which makes him a 16th rounder also). The three sixteenth (16th) round players must be adjusted according to draft status. All drafted players will be considered higher than undrafted players. The undrafted player will stay at round sixteen. The other two players must be moved to the next higher available rounds, which would be rounds fourteen and fifteen. These would again be determined by which player(s) was chosen first. Let’s say the three players were John Smoltz (16th), Lance Berkman (16th), and Brad Penny (Undrafted – 16th). They would be drafted in rounds fourteen, fifteen, and sixteen. They would be drafted in this order: Lance Berkman in the fourteenth (because he was the 152nd pick in the previous year’s draft), John Smoltz in the fifteenth (because he was the 159th pick in the previous year’s draft), and Brad Penny in the sixteenth (because he was undrafted).

2.Example: An owner wants to keep players drafted in rounds 2, 2, 2, 3, 6, 9, 12, and 19. One of the second (2nd) round players will have to be moved up to the first (1st) round. This will be the player that was drafted first of three second (2nd) round players. Another second (2nd) round player will need to be dropped to the fourth (4th) round at a penalty of four rounds. The player dropped will be the lowest drafted player of the second (2nd) rounders. The four penalty rounds must be applied to the remaining keepers as the owner so chooses.

J.If more than one undrafted player is kept, it is the owner’s prerogative as to which round they are drafted in.

K.A player may be kept for three years at no penalty. If an owner chooses to keep a player for a fourth straight year, he may do so at a cost of five penalty rounds. The penalty rounds in this situation must be applied to the keeper in question. If the keeper in question cannot be moved up all five rounds, the remaining rounds may be applied to other keepers as the owner so chooses. This rule applies to every year past the third year a player is kept. There is no limit as to how many years a player may be kept as long as the penalty rounds are accounted for. Our initial draft year counts as the first year.

1.Example: An owner drafts a player in the fourteenth (14th) round in year one. In year two, he keeps the player and drafts him again in the fourteenth (14th) round. In year three, he keeps the player and drafts him again in the fourteenth (14th) round. If the owner chooses to keep this player for year four, he must be moved up five rounds to the ninth (9th) round. If he chooses to keep him for year five, he would be a fourth (4th) rounder. This continues for every year an owner keeps a player past the first three years.

L.When a player is moved either up or down in rounds due to multiple round keepers, that player is considered being from the round he ended up at, not where he would have been prior to multiple round keeper moves.

1.An owner has Troy Glaus, Barry Bonds, and Sammy Sosa, all second (2nd) round keepers. In accordance to the rules, they would be drafted as 1, 2, and 3 with Sammy Sosa going in round one, Barry Bonds in round two, and Troy Glaus going in round three due to their actual pick numbers (Sosa at #16, Bonds at #18, and Glaus at #19). Now the next year, they would not be considered second (2nd) rounders as they were previously, but one, two, and three.

M.When a player has been kept and then traded, the player’s keeper status remains the same.

1.Example: An owner has kept a player for two years. During year three, he trades the player to another owner. The new owner may keep that player for the third year at no penalty, for the fourth year at a five round penalty, and so forth according to the above mentioned rules. A player’s keeper status is not reset after a trade. So, a player’s keeper status is not dependent on being with the same owner, only that he has been kept for consecutive years.

Keeper declaration
A.Keeper declaration date will be March 1st of each year. This date is arbitrary as the opening of Yahoo! fantasy baseball is variable as well as when the league decides on a draft date.

B.Keeper declaration will be done in a live chat through the club website.

C.Each owner will announce one keeper at a time. There is no specific order of owners, and will be done randomly and voluntarily during the chat session.

D.If an owner knows that he will not be able to attend the live chat, he must post his keepers at the club website before the chat.
E.If an owner does not post his keepers before the chat and does not make the chat, he will be disciplined at the discretion of the commissioners.

Off-season trading
A.Off-season trading is allowed and may be done with players on the owner’s final roster as posted by the secretary.

B.Trading will be officially posted on the club website. A post with the title “Official Trade” naming the two teams involved and which players must be posted.

C.After being posted to the site, the secretary will immediately update the records.

D.The off-season trading period begins the day after the World Series ends and goes until 12 midnight on the last day of February (which is the last day before the Keeper Declaration Date).

Owner inactivity
A. If the league feels that a particular owner is being overly inactive (no posts, no trades, no communications of any kind for an extended period of time), the commissioners may take whatever disciplinary actions they deem appropriate. This is unlimited in as much as the action must be voted on by only the commissioners. However, if the commissioners approve expulsion from the league, it must be approved by an overall majority vote of the nine other owners. If the owner is expelled from the league, again, a new owner will be immediately recruited and must be approved by a majority vote of the remaining nine owners.
Punter5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Punter5 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:17 pm

We have a lot of interest and a good group going so far! Let me know if you have any questions.

email @ mailto:brane.2@osu.edu or AOL IM @ ohiostatepb5.
Punter5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Punter5 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:46 pm

We have a lot of interest and a good group going so far! Let me know if you have any questions.

email @ mailto:brane.2@osu.edu or AOL IM @ ohiostatepb5.
Punter5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Punter5 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:54 am

We are half way there! Looking for a few more active,mature, intelligent, and in for the long hual managers. I know that is a stretch to find it fantasy sports:)
Punter5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Punter5 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:48 pm

Still looking for a few more managers! This is the best setup, with real established keeper rules and strategy. You know what your getting to. All 900.00 paid out.

1st:500
2nd:300
3rd: 100
Punter5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Punter5 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:04 am

Need a few more! You know your interested:)
Punter5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Punter5 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:40 am

bump:)
Punter5
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Thriller » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:22 am

I am interested in this league. I'm new to the cafe, but have been playing FLB for several years and I want to get in a new keeper league.

You can email me at xxxxx I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Thriller
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cool Daddy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:01 pm

Sent you an e-mail..........when are you planning on drafting? ;-D
cool Daddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Thriller » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:49 am

back to the top