Keeper League Team-- WHIR leave link - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Keeper League Team-- WHIR leave link

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League Team-- WHIR leave link

Postby DWright5 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:02 pm

18 Teams
Standard 5x5 ROTO league
Keeper
Auction $260 cap

C- John Buck KC
1B- Ryan Howard PHI
2B- Rickie Weeks MIL
SS- Alex Gonzalez BOS
3B- Alex Rodriguez NYY
MI- Wilson Betemit ATL
CI- Hank Blalock TEX
OF- Pat Burrell PHI
OF- Eric Byrnes ARI
OF- Larry Bigbie STL
OF- Chris Aguila FLA
OF- Jose Cruz LAD
Util- Jeremy Hermida FLA
Util- Brian N. Anderson CWS

P- Roy Halladay TOR
P- Rich Harden OAK
P- Josh Beckett BOS
P- Gustavo Chacin TOR
P- Scott Baker MIN
P- Jason M. Vargas FLA
P- Brett Tomko LAD
P- Jorge Sosa ATL
P- Craig Hansen BOS

Bench- Scott Elarton
Bench- Yadier Molina
Bench- Laynce Nix
Bench- Hector Carrasco
Bench- Jason Larue
Bench- Arthur Rhodes
(Reserve Draft is currently going on i will update bench as i make picks)

Minor Leauges:
Lastings Milledge OF NYM
Troy Tulowitzki SS COL
Mike Pelfrey SP NYM
Carlos Gonzales OF ARI
Jeff Clement C SEA

i am obviously taking a hit on saves this year but i plan on finding a closer or maybe two on the waiver wire once the season starts and Hansen is the closer of the future in BOS so i think ill be ok there. I am aware my OF is very weak right now but my IF is sooo strong i think i will in very good shape in hitting. Hermida, Anderson, Burrell, Milledge, and someone else will eventually make up the OF so i will be in good shape there as well. I think my SP is great right now with Pelfrey (beast) in the minors and it is an 18 team league so its even harder to get a good team but i think i did extremely well, what does everyone else think?

leave a link and i will help in return
Last edited by DWright5 on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DWright5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tnazz13 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:06 pm

for a 20 team league this is very nice....like arod, howard, weeks etc in a keper league, OF is fine mb use another bat but burrell and hermidia are solid nice pitching staff for a 20 team league

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=171517
tnazz13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrestlecd4 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:51 pm

Other than saves I think you are going to have trouble with steals. With such a deep league that is a quality team. I would keep a close eye on some of the closer situations in spring training and try to snag one or two of them. All and all that is a nicely built team.
wrestlecd4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby laxguy8947 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:59 pm

You should deal one of Baker/Chacin/Beckett for help at either catcher of OF. You definetly need to watch the waiver wire close so you can be rid of Brett Tomko and pick up another reliever.

I would say probably middle of the pack in an 18 teamer. You have upside pretty much everywhere but probably won't get it done this year.

Check out my link below ;-D
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby DWright5 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:27 pm

bump
DWright5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:18 pm

can't really complain with 17 other teams in the league. you probably wont be so competitive this year but the sky is the limit in the future. some excellent young players there. dont worry too much about the SB, its an 18 team league, they're gonna be sparse to begin with. but saves is something you need to diligently search for... if not the saves, then some up-and-coming reliable setup men. and sorry, but i have no minor league experience. looks good from here though!

never drafted in such a deep league, but considering its depth, i like the picks you made

mine
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 86#1374986
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MrE » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:00 pm

For 18 teams, to get an infield and starting pitching staff like that is simply amazing. Way to go! I think you outfield got noticeably weaker. You may want to try and acquire a guy like Jay Gibbons or Brad Wilkerson who should be extremely cheap...but will most likely hit 30 dingers 90 RBI's.

I don't know what to tell you to do on relief. Your obviously going to punt saves here. There are a couple of guys that may have a shot at closing....Boyer in Florida, Devine in Atlanta, and maybe Linebirk (SP) who backs up Trevor Hoffman....adding them to the bench (Devine might be able to be added to your minor league team) could actually turn into some favorable save stats at around July.
- MrE -
MrE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DirtyWater » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:27 pm

A rod, Weeks, Howard, all very good choices but apart from that you got nothing. Alex Gonzalez and Byrns are great fielders but you don't get points for making diving catches....... Your starters are solid but you are fooling yourself in thinking hansen is going to put up some numbers. Assuming foulke doesn't get injured all hansen is getting is a cup of coffee in september.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=172467
When life gives you lemons, throw them at the yankees.....
DirtyWater
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DWright5 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:13 am

i agree that i dont have the best depth but i think Blalock Burrell and Hermida should be put with Howard Weeks and ARod in my elite hitters i think i am pretty good there... also remember this is a Keeper league so my young guys are on my team for a good reason.... also with hansen i agree im not convinced he will really close this year BUT he is the Closer of the future and i will be constantly chceking the waiver wire for hte next Derrick Turnbow to come along
DWright5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team