Should I call this off?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 20

Postby dannyolbb » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
nuggets wrote:Do you know why it makes you so "wildly" uncomfortable with her possibly having extreme race issues? Likely it's because you are uncomfortable acknowledging your own race issues.

You know how sometimes you read something and it's really hard to be polite when responding to it?

This is one of those times.

Mr. Nuggets sir, I respectfully disagree.

:-°

This is like telling you that you must deep down harbour some hatred towards Jews because you are disturbed by her swastika tatoo and her little bushy mustache.

Maybe, just maybe, danny feels that her use of that word shows a little glimpse into her way of looking at people and he would rather not spend time with someone with that world-view.

Life is too short danny, drop her.

To be fair, I like her little bushy moustache.

We're going out tonight. If she can convince me that it's not something that's going to happen ever again then I'll give her another shot. If not, that's OK too.

Perhaps I'm uncomfortable with the contract-year conversations because I secretly perform better in contract-years.

She sounds contrite and that's a start. I'll see her tonight and make my decision when I grill her about the question.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:42 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:I don't think she's necessarily a racist if she's said it, but that's just my point of view.

Are you black, or just offended by the word in general?

Nope, I'm quite white but just think that that particular word needs to be said. It says far more about the person saying it than the person about whom it was being said who. Would the person who said it say it to the psycho exboyfriends new girlfriend's face? I highly doubt it.

If she's 31 and still running around in a Springeresque drama calling people nasty names and all that, are her uh, other talents really worth it? I don't think so. Or, for that matter, if dannyolbb happens to pick a few players of African-American descent up in his draft? What do you think they might say about it? How about SFOF? I'm sure he'd be very understanding...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:12 pm

You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:39 am

AcidRock23 wrote:Racism is bad, look at the history of BASEBALL to see how bad it is and kick her to the curb. There are plenty of babes who are not racists!!

edit, to add that is the refuge of the weak!! There are PLENTY of ways for women to be rude and offensive to men w/o having to hide in racism. Eg your bat is small, you are a loser, etc... ;-)

Everyone has predisposed judgements of people, even subconciously. In other words, every one is a little bit racist. So good luck on that search.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:53 am

Send me a topless picture and I'll tell you if you should break up with her
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Caveman_Nick » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:03 am

dannyolbb wrote:All right. Thanks, guys. It made me wildly uncomfortable to think she's a racist. If that's the case, I'll drop her. But I do want to give her another chance, to take her at her word.

And I'm already dating another two women. With another on the back-burner, ready to help in case of emergency.

Keep her mouth as occupied as you can, and limit the amopunt of opportunities she has to show that side of her. As a matter of fact, when she shows it, flip her over and administer some 'punishment'.

Seriously...this doesn't sound like a relationship you are all that into at the moment. If I'm you, I make sure I keep her interested between the sheets. I make her my experimental, try crazy stuff with her girl. It can only help you in the long run, whether she stays around or not. Just be careful with all that asphyxiation stuff ;)
Oog.
Caveman_Nick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:11 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
nuggets wrote:Do you know why it makes you so "wildly" uncomfortable with her possibly having extreme race issues? Likely it's because you are uncomfortable acknowledging your own race issues.

You know how sometimes you read something and it's really hard to be polite when responding to it?

This is one of those times.

Mr. Nuggets sir, I respectfully disagree.

:-°

This is like telling you that you must deep down harbour some hatred towards Jews because you are disturbed by her swastika tatoo and her little bushy mustache.

Maybe, just maybe, danny feels that her use of that word shows a little glimpse into her way of looking at people and he would rather not spend time with someone with that world-view.

Life is too short danny, drop her.

That is exactly the reaction I had when I read Nug's post.

And no matter how much you may like the fringe benefits of seeing this girl, Danny, the fact that this bothered you enough to ask about it here says (to me) that you are the kind of person that even a one-time use of this word in a girlfriend would bother. That's a character trait in yourself that you should strive to hold on to. You will have to compromise something in yourself to be with this girl. If you have other people to "hang out" ;-) with (and apparently you do) then move on.

No matter how beautiful, how experienced, how good she is at doing the kinds of things boys and girls do together, your morals are not worth bending for her.

That's the bottom line.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk