Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I call this off?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 20

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:47 am

Racism is bad, look at the history of BASEBALL to see how bad it is and kick her to the curb. There are plenty of babes who are not racists!!

edit, to add that is the refuge of the weak!! There are PLENTY of ways for women to be rude and offensive to men w/o having to hide in racism. Eg your bat is small, you are a loser, etc... ;-)
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:01 pm

Well if ya got a couple on deck then I'd say go ahead and kick her out ;-D
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bronxxbomber » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:29 pm

I don't her, but I'll go on record and say she probably just hates the guy and his girlfriend. I've had girlfriends in the past and I've been a total jerk to a few of them and vice versa. She might really just have ended that relationship horribly and is still bitter. I think you ought to give her a chance because to label or think of anyone as racist is really jumping the gun. Who knows this might be an isolated incident and you could losing a great woman because of it.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:33 pm

I totally agree that acrimony towards the ex is not necessarly of concern. I think that going crazy is one thing but, in civilized society, racisim, even a *flash* of it in the heat of an argument, is lame and does not speak highly of an individual in that situation.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby MMoNeY24 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:34 pm

I don't think she's necessarily a racist if she's said it, but that's just my point of view.

Are you black, or just offended by the word in general?
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nuggets » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:44 pm

dannyolbb wrote:All right. Thanks, guys. It made me wildly uncomfortable to think she's a racist. If that's the case, I'll drop her. But I do want to give her another chance, to take her at her word.

And I'm already dating another two women. With another on the back-burner, ready to help in case of emergency.

Considering this is about ass for you, why the hell would you care what she says? I've never been in a relationship like that to hear a woman talk. ;-)

If you're out there looking for a real long-term relationship it may be a different story.

Do you know why it makes you so "wildly" uncomfortable with her possibly having extreme race issues? Likely it's because you are uncomfortable acknowledging your own race issues. There isn't a single human in the world that isn't guilty of some degree of racism. Wether you like it or not, there are white trash, n----- and a million other words which describe one thing, crappy people relative to their ethnicity. Listen to Chris Rock's take on it and you'll "know what's up". The comedy is called "N-----s versus Black people".
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:53 pm

nuggets wrote:Do you know why it makes you so "wildly" uncomfortable with her possibly having extreme race issues? Likely it's because you are uncomfortable acknowledging your own race issues.

You know how sometimes you read something and it's really hard to be polite when responding to it?

This is one of those times.

Mr. Nuggets sir, I respectfully disagree.

:-°

This is like telling you that you must deep down harbour some hatred towards Jews because you are disturbed by her swastika tatoo and her little bushy mustache.

Maybe, just maybe, danny feels that her use of that word shows a little glimpse into her way of looking at people and he would rather not spend time with someone with that world-view.

Life is too short danny, drop her.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby RyanK » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:00 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:I don't think she's necessarily a racist if she's said it, but that's just my point of view.

Are you black, or just offended by the word in general?

Well if she is racist and he was black i dont think theyd even be talking like this...

But you already have two other girls? is she better than both of them? if so id say give her another chance if not just let her go
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby JTWood » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:21 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
nuggets wrote:Do you know why it makes you so "wildly" uncomfortable with her possibly having extreme race issues? Likely it's because you are uncomfortable acknowledging your own race issues.

You know how sometimes you read something and it's really hard to be polite when responding to it?

This is like telling you that you must deep down harbour some hatred towards Jews because you are disturbed by her swastika tatoo and her little bushy mustache.

HA! I just finished reading about Godwin's Law to come here and read this. lol...

Seriously, though, that is a stupid comment. Once, my father showed up 3 hours late to hit tennis with me. The man is perpetually late for everything, but 3 hours is too much, so I called him out on it. His response was, "Son, sometimes we point out flaws in other people because we can't get over them ourselves."

8-o

Two things:
  1. I am very rarely late for anything. The embarrassment my father's lifestyle wrought upon me as a child has made me paranoid about being late for anything.
  2. My example is apparently better than Mookie's because it doesn't violate Godwin's "Law."
:-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:32 pm

JTWood wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

HA! I just finished reading about Godwin's Law to come here and read this. lol...

Seriously, though, that is a stupid comment. Once, my father showed up 3 hours late to hit tennis with me. The man is perpetually late for everything, but 3 hours is too much, so I called him out on it. His response was, "Son, sometimes we point out flaws in other people because we can't get over them ourselves."

8-o

Two things:
  1. I am very rarely late for anything. The embarrassment my father's lifestyle wrought upon me as a child has made me paranoid about being late for anything.
  2. My example is apparently better than Mookie's because it doesn't violate Godwin's "Law."
:-D

d'oh guilty as charged.

What was I thinking :*)

Leave it up to JTWood the thread gestapo to put me straight. Damn, there I go again !+)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk