Cubs tickets went on sale today. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cubs tickets went on sale today.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ThatDude » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:16 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i've got some Tigers tickets :,-(

I gotta make it Wrigley and Fenway someday before they're gone

Wrigley was made an official landmark not long ago, it won't be going anywhere for a while.

The Tigers are coming to Wrigley this year too. There might be some tickets left for that series, but I haven't checked in a while.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:55 pm

I just bought two tickets to the Cubs Rockies games. Lower Level Directly behind home plate...

95 bucks..I think I can sell them for more on ebay.

The rockies never sell out.

However, The cubs games are unbelievably packed usually. You can't get a ticket to that game
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:03 pm

this is why i hate the cubs. :-P

You're just mad you didn't get any. ;-)

yeah pretty much :~(
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:09 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:this is why i hate the cubs. :-P

You can buy my coors field cubs/roxs tickets...

1,000 each
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:this is why i hate the cubs. :-P

You can buy my coors field cubs/roxs tickets...

1,000 each

i'll pass, thanks. i'm a cards fan that lives in chicago so i just go up to that beautiful stadium in milwaukee and get great seats for $30 bucks about a week before the game. i only go to wrigley when someone else buys.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:27 pm

I have to agree that the Cubs pimpesque marketing pretty much sucks. I'd feel better paying high prices if I was paying the Cubs directly instead of some troll who schmoozed his way into being a 'ticket dealer'. It makes it sort of sordid. Once you're in your seats it's great but getting there sucks because if the manner in which those tickets are sold. Oh well...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:36 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I have to agree that the Cubs pimpesque marketing pretty much sucks. I'd feel better paying high prices if I was paying the Cubs directly instead of some troll who schmoozed his way into being a 'ticket dealer'. It makes it sort of sordid. Once you're in your seats it's great but getting there sucks because if the manner in which those tickets are sold. Oh well...

i had seats next to a ticket broker once. after listening to her go on and on about her job and how much she really provides a needed service, the true blue cub fan behind her "accidentally" spilled his beer on her. i bought him a replacement.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:39 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:I have to agree that the Cubs pimpesque marketing pretty much sucks. I'd feel better paying high prices if I was paying the Cubs directly instead of some troll who schmoozed his way into being a 'ticket dealer'. It makes it sort of sordid. Once you're in your seats it's great but getting there sucks because if the manner in which those tickets are sold. Oh well...

i had seats next to a ticket broker once. after listening to her go on and on about her job and how much she really provides a needed service, the true blue cub fan behind her "accidentally" spilled his beer on her. i bought him a replacement.

That's Awesome!!

We are trying to score tix to a Cubs/ Cards game at Busch Jr this year simply b/c the Cubs ticket situation is so lame. I like the Cubs just fine but their ticket arrangements are ridiculous. I'm kind of inclined to think that a move to the 'Burbs could help that but all the reasonably priced real estate is in Sox territory to the south or out near DeKalb somewhere...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby ThatDude » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:32 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i just go up to that beautiful stadium in milwaukee and get great seats for $30 bucks about a week before the game.

The official name of that stadium is Wrigley North. Everytime time we've gone up there, Cubs fans outnumber Brewers fans, and by a sizeable margin.

AcidRock23 wrote:I like the Cubs just fine but their ticket arrangements are ridiculous. I'm kind of inclined to think that a move to the 'Burbs could help that but all the reasonably priced real estate is in Sox territory to the south or out near DeKalb somewhere...

I agree that the ticket situation sucks, but I've decided to make the best of it. If Joe Schmoe is making money, I can too.

Moving the team to the burbs wouldn't make a bit of difference, because the Trib would still own the team. Until ownership changes, I don't see the ticket arrangements changing.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:38 pm

ThatDude wrote:
ironman wrote:That's awesome. So that will ensure that once again when I go to a game that I'm stuck around a bunch of posers that won't even follow the game but think they're cool for being there because they spent so much money on ebay for tickets.

This is such garbage. Its times like this that I wish I rooted for a team that no one gave a crap about.

Here's to Wrigley being bulldozed someday! :-t

I'll look past that bulldozer comment, cause I certainly hope you don't mean it.

The Tribune treats the Cubs like a business, only worried about the bottom line and not the product on the field. They hold back a bunch of tickets to give to their own brokers/scalpers to sell at whatever price they can get.

Why shouldn't I make some money off of this too? I've certainly paid my dues over the decades I've been going to Wrigley.

Honestly I'm not upset at you for making an extra buck. Hell, I got in at 10:04am on friday and for a second I seriously thought about just getting 6 tix for the White Sox and doing the same thing. I then also thought about the headache of trying to explain it to my wife when I told her 10 minutes before I'd only be spending $60 tops.

What pisses me off are the jackasses that are actually paying 3 to 4 times the face value for a Cubs/Reds weekend game in the bleachers or something like that. These buttholes sit in the stands and drink beer, and could care less about the Cubs. Last year I seriously was around a bunch of people that were more concerned with getting crocked and just hanging out than cheering and following the game. Its been a good two years since I've seen a successful "Right Field Sucks-Left Field Sucks!" chant. If you start one now, most give you a blank stare and have no idea what you are doing. Hell they keep the opponents home run balls! (Note: If you're a kid, I understand keeping them, but if you're a 40-year old and you're not a regular ballhawk, do the right thing.) Seriously these people need to go away.

And no I don't seriously want Wrigley bulldozed, but there are days I wish they played in a bigger, newer stadium.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk