Bonds-is he worth a draft pick?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds-is he worth a draft pick??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pat1999 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:20 pm

come one guys this is barry bonds

i love to gamble and i will gamble on bonds this year in the 6th or 7th if i already drafted 2 of;'s
greatest game on earth
pat1999
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:36 am

Just got him in the 10th round of a 12 team draft as a third outfielder behind Beltran and Holliday. I'd say that is a risk WELL worth taking. For those of you talking 5th, 6th round, I'd hold off. I'd bet you can get him later, and if not, somebody else is taking the risk too early instead of you.
"How's the smut business, Jackie?"
Jackie Treehorn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mtarail » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:36 am

In terms of risk/reward, I think he's well worth drafting in the 6th round and beyond in a 12 team league.

Would I take Bonds before Carlos Lee? No. But would I rather take a chance on him than draft Vernon Wells? Yes.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Bonds-is he worth a draft pick??

Postby kemper5 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:09 am

I draft March 28th and if by that time he's having no complications and is playing well I think his stock will be high (3-5th round in a 16 man league) and I'll take him if he's there.. I think underneath he wants this record bad and will try to play though pain to break it this year and not have to go through the media circus garbage next year. Giants GM Sabean said yesterday that he hopes to see him in 120 games.. Overall if he got 320-380 AB's we all know he could hit 40-45 because he's proved he can do it.. I expect to see a 42HR, 90 RBI, 180 BB, .325 ave type season IF HE CAN PUT GET THOSE AB'S!
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dewey finn » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:32 am

I"d rather have Vdubb than BB
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby demoicurn » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:43 am

it's nice to see replies with substance.... good job and good luck with your leagues.... may october bring either money, t-shirts, and/or pride to you all....

the more i see bonds in spring training, the more i feel he'll play only 3-4 games a week...

if he can swing a bat, he'll at least pinch hit.... but, when it comes to the stress of manning a position, thats alot of ground to cover in right...

let's not forget the full media coverage all season long... let's count how "barry watch"s we see on ESPN.....

in all honety, i see 300 at bats, maybe 20-25 hrs..... where do you draft that??? i say late teens, but we know he'll go early... so why do i bother caring...
demoicurn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dukesimms » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:58 am

Two different drafts Bonds went 9th in both.
dukesimms
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hooligan1 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:30 am

I can't stand Bonds, but in no way would I let that stand in the way of him being on my team, if I can get him at the right draft spot. Esp. in OBP leagues (like mine) he has the potential to carry a category for you. If he were there in the 7-10 round area, I would consider him as a second OF. However, I'm convinced he'll go higher than that in my draft....... I think he'll play about 125-135 games. Should be good for 30-ish homers and 90 rbi. With his AVG, OBP and K rate, he's huge in my league!!
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Fantasy Guru » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:25 pm

My league counts walks, strikeouts, and OBP in addition to the traditional stats.

In 2004, Bonds had only 41 strikeouts, 220-something walks, and a .609 OBP

He is a god in my league.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cmh6476 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:31 pm

so how much is he slipping now that the recent news has come out? Anyone beend rafting in the last couple days and see him drafted?
Go Royals! :|
cmh6476
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers