Yahoo Stat Tracker Roto Scoring Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Stat Tracker Roto Scoring Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Stat Tracker Roto Scoring Question

Postby Wilson33 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:00 am

Hello,

This is a great forum site. I looked on this forum and did not find the answer to a question that I have. I am starting a 12 team 5X5 rotisserie league on Yahoo. I would like to be able to track each teams weekly roto totals (no bench player totals added) as well as the season totals. Will sorting the stats by week accomplish this task?

I know that roto is for season totals, but this will be the first time playing for many owners and it will be a pay league. I would like to be able to divide some of each owners fee by paying a small amount of the total to a weekly winner. My logic is that this will keep all owners more interested in their lineups (and pay the weekly fee). 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finish for the season will pay a larger amount. Hopefully, this does not sound too crazy.

I don't really like H2H as much because of the playoffs. Thanks in advance to any replies.
...And this one belongs to the Reds...
Wilson33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mamorris » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 am

Sorting the stats by "last week" (if that's what you meant) will only show the player's totals for the previous 7 days. However, it won't show you which stats were accumulated while in the active lineup (and therefore counted towards the team total) and which stats were earnt on the bench (and therefore didn't count). Therefore, unless you are playing with weekly lineups, this probably won't give you the results you're looking for.

My first thought was that at the end of each week you could save the league stats and get a couple of people to verify that the results are correct. Then, you could subtract the previous week's season-to-date totals from new season-to-date totals to find out each team's stats for the week. You could then manually calculate the roto points based solely off that week's stats. It's a little complicated, and ERA and WHIP might be tough to calculate, but I could see it working. Good luck, it's certainly an interesting idea.
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Yahoo Stat Tracker Roto Scoring Question

Postby thinkspin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:59 pm

Wilson33 wrote:Hello,

This is a great forum site. I looked on this forum and did not find the answer to a question that I have. I am starting a 12 team 5X5 rotisserie league on Yahoo. I would like to be able to track each teams weekly roto totals (no bench player totals added) as well as the season totals. Will sorting the stats by week accomplish this task?

I know that roto is for season totals, but this will be the first time playing for many owners and it will be a pay league. I would like to be able to divide some of each owners fee by paying a small amount of the total to a weekly winner. My logic is that this will keep all owners more interested in their lineups (and pay the weekly fee). 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finish for the season will pay a larger amount. Hopefully, this does not sound too crazy.

I don't really like H2H as much because of the playoffs. Thanks in advance to any replies.

If you don't mind paying for your service, Sportsline does this...
Founder of a fantasy sports related website...
thinkspin
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Wilson33 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:33 am

Thank you for the replies. I'll have a vote of the managers to choose between weekly lineups or sportsline. Thanks again for the good advice.
...And this one belongs to the Reds...
Wilson33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers