Al Leiter? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Al Leiter?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Al Leiter?

Postby warrick95 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:36 pm

What's up with this guy? I know he's 38, but I expected a slower decline, not the sudden drop in his game. He's consistently had an ERA under 3.5, with a WHIP hovering around 1.2. This year, he is 5.57 and 1.77. Of course, there are some really bad outings mixed in there, but he hasn't been consistent vs. bad/good teams at all. He's been blown up by teams like Florida, who aren't like Toronto or anything. It's gotten to the point that I can't even start him due to match-ups, because he's so inconsistent. Will he turn it around and is he even worth a roster spot right now?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:11 pm

I think that he is likely to turn it around in the second half at least somewhat but even then you still can't expect many wins with the team that he plays for. Whether he's worth a roster spot or not depends on who is out there that you could replace him with. He probably is still worth a spot but you want to bench him for awhile until he has 3 straight good starts.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:26 pm

After the subway interleague sweeping, I think the Mets are a few weeks from total fire sale. The latest is that Duquette was trying to move Benitez and couldn't find any takers. Leiter has trade value, but a full no-trade clause and a year left on his contract. If he could get moved, I'll bet he sallies up and turns professional again.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Super GM » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:10 pm

Put a waiver claim on him dropping Mike Hampton. Just hope he can turn things around.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers