Dunn. Love Him or Hate Him? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dunn. Love Him or Hate Him?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:54 am

Yoda wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:So? Other than his injured year, he has been .247 or above. An 8 -13 point rise in average is very little. If he would have gotten 5 more hits last year, he would have hit .256 - that's 5 grounders that would have found holes, etc. Anyway, he's had only 4 full seasons including this one - I wouldn't rule out such a small BA swing in a small sample size like this one.


WOW .256... That is really awesome. Now that would make him a worthy 5th round pick.

I honestly do not understand people's infatuation with Dunn. :-D


See what I mean Yoda?
They never learn. Imagine the beating I took two years ago .. ;-7
I'll go back to my original statement ..

No .. .. Comment! :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:08 pm

What the hell is your point?

Yoda wrote:
JustAnotherYanksFan wrote: I don't find it that hard to see him hitting .255 or .260


This is where people are wrong. Dunn hit over .249 exactly once in his career when he hit .266 in 04.


He said Dunn is incapable of achieving .255-.260. He decided to single out this one sentence from JustAnotherYanksFan's post, and refute it, yet is wrong. I neither said he was a 5th round pick, nor that I liked him in any way. You two are obviously scorn for some odd reason. Even if I was a Dunn lover, I wouldn't mind - but who the hell cares?


I honestly do not understand both of your infatuations with the bashing of Dunn. :D
Image
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3852
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:12 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:What the hell is your point?

Yoda wrote:
JustAnotherYanksFan wrote: I don't find it that hard to see him hitting .255 or .260


This is where people are wrong. Dunn hit over .249 exactly once in his career when he hit .266 in 04.


He said Dunn is incapable of achieving .255-.260. He decided to single out this one sentence from JustAnotherYanksFan's post, and refute it, yet is wrong. I neither said he was a 5th round pick, nor that I liked him in any way. You two are obviously scorn for some odd reason. Even if I was a Dunn lover, I wouldn't mind - but who the hell cares?


I honestly do not understand both of your infatuations with the bashing of Dunn. :D


let me single out another sentence ..

wrveres wrote:No .. .. Comment! :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:32 pm

wrveres wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:What the hell is your point?

Yoda wrote:
JustAnotherYanksFan wrote: I don't find it that hard to see him hitting .255 or .260


This is where people are wrong. Dunn hit over .249 exactly once in his career when he hit .266 in 04.


He said Dunn is incapable of achieving .255-.260. He decided to single out this one sentence from JustAnotherYanksFan's post, and refute it, yet is wrong. I neither said he was a 5th round pick, nor that I liked him in any way. You two are obviously scorn for some odd reason. Even if I was a Dunn lover, I wouldn't mind - but who the hell cares?


I honestly do not understand both of your infatuations with the bashing of Dunn. :D


let me single out another sentence ..

wrveres wrote:No .. .. Comment! :-)


Yeah... it is just strange to me how some people just overlook obvious flaws in some players and defend them even when they suck. I would be very upset if I wasted my 3rd or 4th round pick on Dunn this year. Yet people continue to defend him. Oh well.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:35 pm

wrveres wrote:See what I mean Yoda?
They never learn. Imagine the beating I took two years ago .. ;-7


Hmm, I never knew that the phrase "No comment" held the same weight when preceded by actual comments. Just blows my mind.
Image
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3852
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Postby Yoda » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:00 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
wrveres wrote:See what I mean Yoda?
They never learn. Imagine the beating I took two years ago .. ;-7


Hmm, I never knew that the phrase "No comment" held the same weight when preceded by actual comments. Just blows my mind.


So angry... I guess I would be too if I were high on Dunn.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:04 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
wrveres wrote:See what I mean Yoda?
They never learn. Imagine the beating I took two years ago .. ;-7


Hmm, I never knew that the phrase "No comment" held the same weight when preceded by actual comments. Just blows my mind.


lol .. you are killing me.. my god

Look, I posted the No Comment more as a joke for the people that have been around here for a while. People who remember that insane thread. If you will notice, I don't have any comments in the thread for 10 plus pages, but I can promise you I have seen it, and read it. I chose to stay out of the discussion for 10 plus pages. It was meant tounge in cheek.

Then Yoda, who's opinion I respect very much, and I always make a point to read when I am in here, asked me to share ..

So I shared.

Imagine my amazement when Yoda and I were actually on the same page when it comes to Adam Dunn's value. It probably explains why I respect his opinion so much in the first place ...

So what is your point? and why do you now feel the need to come after me.

go back and read. He asked me. I awnsered. Sorry that this "blows your mind". I try not to do it again. :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:15 pm

Look at the tag-team here. Like I said before, you two are obviously scorn. Attack you? Right.. You've both ranted and raved for the past few pages about how Dunn sucks, and how anyone who has a high opinion on him is sadly delusional.

I mean Yoda's last post says it all. That is the type of response that twists the facts, and ignores reality.

Oh, and don't worry on not blowing my mind - you did for the second straight time.
Image
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3852
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:20 pm

* warning, this could be "mind blowing" *

So I was glanceing thru this thread .. .. again .. and this just struck me as funny :-)


Zito is God wrote:Yoda: How about we just make a deal. being real men, lets just put this thread into our favorites and at the end of the season whoever is wrong will post here and say the other was right, sound good?


overall, there sure is alot of .. "If"'s in this thread :-°
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Look at the tag-team here. Like I said before, you two are obviously scorn. Attack you? Right.. You've both ranted and raved for the past few pages about how Dunn sucks, and how anyone who has a high opinion on him is sadly delusional.

I mean Yoda's last post says it all. That is the type of response that twists the facts, and ignores reality.

Oh, and don't worry on not blowing my mind - you did for the second straight time.


Ok see now you are putting words in my mouth, and there is no quicker way to get on my bad side than doing that.
I never said anybody was delusional, and there was certainly no ranting and raving .. I was having a quick conversation with Yoda.
I think you are just looking to pick a fight here, so I will just walk away. I don't know you, and now don't care too ..



have you even read this thread?
Its about 10 pages of Yoda defending his position against the whole cafe ..


buh bye. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact