Crosby not good. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Crosby not good.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Crosby not good.

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:25 pm

"I started feeling tight about seven days ago," the 2004 AL Rookie of the Year said Wednesday. "I think I did it lifting weights at home. When I first started throwing, I said, `That hurts."

link
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:38 pm

Surprisingly enough MLB.com has a different spin on Crosby's shoulder than the Chigaco Tribune article. :-D

Crosby checks in ailing: Shortstop Bobby Crosby spent the first two months of last season on the disabled list with cracked ribs, then went on the DL again late in the year with a broken ankle.

The ribs and ankle are 100 percent, he said Wednesday, but he can't say the same about his right shoulder. It tightened up on him a couple of months ago when he started throwing for the first time in the offseason, and he's been getting therapy on it ever since.

"I don't know if it was from lifting [weights] or what, but it just didn't feel right," he said. "So I kind of shut it down for a while just to be safe."

Athletic trainer Larry Davis said Crosby likely has rotator cuff tendinitis.

Crosby, who also is recovering from a bout with pink eye, said he's never experienced any arm trouble, but downplayed any impact the injury might have on his preparation for the season.

"It's starting to feel better," Crosby said. "I know it's nothing, so I'm not worried about it."

Macha was less cavalier, saying, "To me it's a concern because I know how we played without him last year. But it's early in Spring Training. Let's not get too excited. We have a long way to go."

Looking a little bigger in the arms and chest this spring, Crosby said his weight is up to 218 pounds -- three more than his listed playing weight, and 10 more than what he weighed at the end of the season.

"I have to put some on every offseason because I know I'll drop it as the season goes on," Crosby explained. "By the end of the season, I'm skin and bones."

Said Macha: "Larry seems to think he overdid it a little bit with the strength training."

Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby America'sGame » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:40 pm

A's trainer Larry Davis thinks he just overdid it lifting weights and strength training. Crosby reported to camp at 218 which is apparently 10 lbs above his playing weight from last year. For now they're thinking it's just tendinitis but watching it closely.

As a Crosby owner, I'll be watching it as well...
America'sGame
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

update on Crosby

Postby America'sGame » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:01 pm

MLB.com reports Bobby Crosby, who is nursing a sore shoulder, played catch at about 90 feet Thursday and said his arm felt fine. The middle infielder might have hurt himself as a result of increased weight training in the offseason.
America'sGame
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Injuries & Player Updates