Mark Prior News - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Mark Prior News

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Prior News

Postby Copperheads » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 pm

Stumbled across this today. Sorry if already posted. Almost convinced myself he would have a injury free year this year and now already reports are surfacing regarding his health. Reason to be concerned?

From Will Carroll on 02/20
"Reliable sources--the same ones that tipped us early to Mark Prior's Achilles problem--now tell us that Prior is having shoulder problems. The Cubs deny this and point to Prior's work on the mound. Prior was doing towel drills on Saturday, but this is the same type of work he was doing last year when there was a problem. According to our best sources in Mesa, Prior looks "weak and sick." Until he throws, we just won't know, though I'd like to believe Larry Rothschild."
Copperheads
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ditka311 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:14 pm

this was mentioned in the Chicago Sun Times as well, quoting the above source. GM Jim Hendry has denied it.

However, I have read that Prior is still only throwing off of flat ground and doing "towel drills". Only time will tell I guess.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Mark Prior News

Postby ActionHero » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:33 pm

Copperheads wrote:From Will Carroll on 02/20
"Reliable sources--the same ones that tipped us early to Mark Prior's Achilles problem--now tell us that Prior is having shoulder problems. The Cubs deny this and point to Prior's work on the mound. Prior was doing towel drills on Saturday, but this is the same type of work he was doing last year when there was a problem. According to our best sources in Mesa, Prior looks "weak and sick." Until he throws, we just won't know, though I'd like to believe Larry Rothschild."

I read this somewhere also, but Prior's response was pretty funny. Something to the effect of "I just don't tan well". :-D
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dundeeslugger » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:33 am

I wouldn't touch any Cubs pitcher with a 10 foot pole. They suck
dundeeslugger
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:45 pm

He just had the flu for two weeks recently to the extent that he went to the ER recently. That might explain the 'weak and sick' a bit more accurately than grimacing in agony due to his horrible shoulder injury that the Cubs are denying. LOL... :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby 2StepsBehind » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:02 pm

Ditka311 wrote:this was mentioned in the Chicago Sun Times as well, quoting the above source. GM Jim Hendry has denied it.

However, I have read that Prior is still only throwing off of flat ground and doing "towel drills". Only time will tell I guess.

670 am out of chicago reported yesterday that Wood and Prior both threw off of the mound. The guy doing the show followed with "tell me this when the mound is at Wrigley Field and then it will matter"
2StepsBehind
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:51 pm

dundeeslugger wrote:I wouldn't touch any Cubs pitcher with a 10 foot pole. They suck

hence the tiny L next to your name B-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Eightan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:46 am

dundeeslugger wrote:I wouldn't touch any Cubs pitcher with a 10 foot pole. They suck

don't whether you ever heard of a guy named carlos zambrano...? no? you've never heard of him? oh well in that case just follow this link... http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/655 ... 6pcw6FCLcF
you can't live the dream, if you don't play the game
Eightan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:13 am

AcidRock23 wrote:He just had the flu for two weeks recently to the extent that he went to the ER recently. That might explain the 'weak and sick' a bit more accurately than grimacing in agony due to his horrible shoulder injury that the Cubs are denying. LOL... :-D
The Cubs have lost all credibility about their injured players in my mind. I'll wait until Prior pitches in a ST game before I buy either of these stories.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby LukeW9027 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:21 pm

I sure hope you didnt post 917 posts as ignorant and stupid as this one :-? :-P
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates